PDA

View Full Version : The Red Epic, Paizo work among others...

TheRedEpic
11-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Hey everyone, its been a long time, but i finally have some work i can post without being nabbed by the companies for Non-Disclosure stuff. I have finally broken in with Wizards of the Coast and Paizo and have been working for them in the past couple months. I have also been working for Lywellyn which is a small independent book publisher. Here they are!

(1) Featured in the new Paizo #25 The map of Westcrown

(2) Featured in Pathfinder 24 - The Final Wish

(3) SOme work for Dead General's Society and there new campaign setting...

For Lywellynne Publishing...

And for an independent conceptual design...

Thanks for looking!

Ramah
11-14-2009, 08:15 PM
:: EDIT :: CONTINUATION OF IMAGES POSTED BY REDEPIC

- ravs

Wonderful stuff there RedEpic and grats with the WotC stuff. :)

Redrobes
11-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Your stuff is always great and you deserve to be working with the big guns.

mearrin69
11-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Repped. I saw some folks on the Paizo boards giving your Westcrown map a hard time for the style...but I absolutely love it. Actually I think it's one of the high points of the AP, which I'm not loving as much as the previous ones so far. I guess #2 got me a little excited. Your Legacy of Fire stuff is nice as well. Good stuff. Please share more when you're able.
M

Rythal
11-14-2009, 09:30 PM
yay redepic is back with more amazing work!

torstan
11-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Congratulations on the Westcrown map - you certainly deserve your Paizo commissions. Great to see the new stuff. Repped and rated.

Sapiento
11-15-2009, 02:09 AM
Wonderful work! I love the soldier concept.

Gandwarf
11-15-2009, 06:34 AM
All of these look great. Awesome stuff!
(though I still see some weird stuff happening with rivers ;) )

Scott Livingston
11-15-2009, 08:46 AM
very cool, particularly the water in the Westcrown map and the border around the Dead General's Society map.

Steel General
11-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Congratz on the various commissions, all very nice stuff here. I especially like the soldier concept piece.

I dub thee newly repped *BONK*

TheRedEpic
11-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Hey everyone, thank you so much for the Rep and your praise, its always nice to have your work appreciated. I will tell you that in the next months i will be posting more of my Paizo works, about 15 maps as they come out and are published, and i may be able to put up the 6 Wizards maps i did for Dungeon magazine as well, depending on when i get the ok.

Lets just say if you like that west crown map, i did another one that is more detailed and 4 times as large for a poster foldout...it was a massive and grueling affair that i still come back to and work on even though i had turned it in a month ago, lol.

There is always something you can improve it seems, to the point where it will drive a man insane! More to come, and all the best.

~Jared

The-Somberlain
11-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Man, when I see your maps I get depressed! :(( I mean the feel of your maps is unsurpassed! It makes me sad that I can't draw a straight line even with a ruler! Photoshop without an artist's hand can never reach this level of "feeling"...

How much do you charge? I want you to be my personal cartographer! :mrgreen::P

Karro
11-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Repped you on your WotC thread just minutes ago, so can't hit you for these, but these also are fantastic. I love your style with the grunge and the strange curving lines running through everything. Great work.

ravells
11-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Stunning maps, RedEpic! But could you (pretty please) use the thumbnail feature when you post them? I've thumbnailed them but as there is a max of five per post, I've appended the last two to Ramah's post following yours.

Thanks!

Ravs

TheRedEpic
11-19-2009, 02:22 PM
oh no, sorry! I actually dont know how to use that feature, can someone quick explain?

ravells
11-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Sure, it's really easy:

Under the message box you type in, there is a button called 'Go Advanced' - click that.

It will open up a new load of options (you may have to scroll down a bit to see them) one of them is 'Manage Attachments' - click that.

The rest should be pretty self explanatory- just browse to your image on your puter and hit upload. There are limits on pixel dimensions and mb size, but they're pretty big. Also a max of 5 attachments per post. So feel free to make a couple of posts if you have more!