PDA

View Full Version : Shining Effect

vhailor27
11-26-2009, 11:56 AM
I've been away for so long, but in the time of need
there's only one place to go, cartographer's guild (oh look, it rhymes)
Good to be back.

So my 2 questions are about photoshop.
1. Can anyone provide a quick way to create the shining effect from the sun in photos?

2. Sometimes when the sun falls on a window creates an elliptical shape with rainbow colors. Do you have any hint about how to create it.

Samples of the effects in the two pics.

Coyotemax
11-26-2009, 01:02 PM
I believe those are referred to as lens flares.

Photoshop has a few basic ones built in, but there are a few plugin filters that make nice ones. One of the Kai's Powertool plugins has a very configurable (and highly recommended) filter for that, but last I checked it would cost a bit of money.

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time right now to do a comprehensive search to give a list, but http://www.google.com/search?q=lens+flare+plugin+photoshop will give you a good start..

Ascension
11-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Airbrushing, blend modes, gradients, or opacity tweaks is what I would use. I do just about zero photo work, though...very rarely on stuff for my sis and nieces.

mearrin69
11-26-2009, 10:21 PM
Yeah, lens flare plug-in should get you most of the way there. A large, soft paintbrush with low opacity would let you do it by hand as well. For the rainbow effect I'd use a gradient and opacity/blend modes.
M

vhailor27
12-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Thank you all. By mentioning the name of the effect you've saved me a lot of time.
I finally managed to have an effect very close to what I wanted. Sorry for the delayed answer but lately work doesn't leave much free time.