PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Berlin!

TDR Starfish
12-01-2009, 08:12 AM
Hello Cartographers!

This is my first post in this forum and I just looked around for some time now and have to say, that I really love most of the maps you guys / girls created so far! (Or at least the ones I have seen yet) :)

About me... Uh, well, I am from Germany (Berlin) and my hobbies are my girlfriend, RPGs in general and especially Star Wars. I was born in Yugoslavia and moved to Berlin when I was 2,5 years old. My primary language is serbo-croatian, german is my secondary one. I hope you all don't mind too much if my grammar and spelling causes you headache :/

At the moment (and the reason why I joined you) is, that I am looking for some decent and free maps for the Star Wars RPG, which I can use for my sessions. I did not find any so far on the boards so if anyone of you could hint at some specific threads, I would be thankful :)

Yeah... Glad to have joined you. Keep up the good work!

Greetings from Berlin:
TDR Starfish!

Steel General
12-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Welcome Aboard!

There should be some Star Wars maps in the Modern/Sci-Fi forum.

Gandwarf
12-01-2009, 08:24 AM
Welcome to the guild :)
Alas, there's not too much Star Wars stuff to be found here... as Steel General said, a few maps have come by in the sci-fi section.

Redrobes
12-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Theres one or two specifically star wars but not much but there are many more sci-fi. The sci-fi and the finished maps are the best places to look. The finished maps have a thumbnails thread to make it easier to browse. Theres the odd challenge which had some sci-fi themes to them (we should do another one some day...) so check the challenges section too - one back about err this one...

http://www.cartographersguild.com/utilities/Thumbs/Html/Challengers_Nov08.htm

Turgenev I think it is makes a lot of sci-fi ships, Ravs is into traveller, and some more threads and posts like that. Best I can recall.

Vorhees
12-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Hiya Dude welcome

Mark Oliva
12-01-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm not into Star Wars, but you might find some things in the resources area or the forums for AstroSynthesis at http://www.nbos.com

TDR Starfish
12-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks to all of you!

Further, is there a way to give a personal request for free to someone of you?

I mean, I couldn't afford any professional cartographer to draw me a map, that is why I am looking for somebody who would maybe do it for free, though I honestly could understand if there are no volunteers at all (because of time and financal issues). The request would be a map fitting a post-apocalyptic setting. So, I am not talking about Star Wars right now :)

Greetz: Starfish!

Gandwarf
12-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Mapmaping requests (paid or unpaid) can be posted here:
http://www.cartographersguild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

Read the sticky thread with instructions first. It will give you some pointers to organise your post to help people understand what kind of map you need.

NeonKnight
12-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Welcome to the Guild!