PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Stronghold Mansion

Gamerprinter
12-05-2009, 05:11 AM
We don't seem to get enough dungeon, underground, cavernous challenges here, so I thought I'd make a request for one. Everybody appreciates dwarves to some degree, so lets show them some appreciation by creating an underground dwarven stronghold map. This could be a "city map" or an encounter scale section of stone halls, chambers, and cave passages.

Create a Dwarven stronghold mansion in a cavernous region of the Underdark. Combine natural cavernous features with worked stone, metal accoutrements like gates, doors, weapon platforms.

This could be a remote Dwarven clan outpost, part of an Underdark trading post or a major Dwarven Under City. Consider who might be the major local threat and place defense specifically for that threat...

Whoa! We got a Dwarf hater! One Nay - that's not good! :P

GP

PS: I created this 3D image specifically for this post!

Steel General
12-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Great idea GP!

philipstephen
12-05-2009, 02:06 PM
i am in process of working on a dwarf stronghold made from an asylum's floorplans.

so of course i am in favour of such a thing.

bring it on!

ravells
12-05-2009, 04:39 PM
I like it!! Having seen Torstan's latest Iso cavern (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5564)....well, it's going to take some beating!

Vorhees
12-05-2009, 07:36 PM
The Dwarfs are a great distinctive culture but i look forward to seeing the different views on that :)

paladin_of_light
01-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Make sure none of the doors are more than 3 feet high :P. That should keep out most of the intruders. Also, traps that affect only tall-folk.

Endarguul
01-21-2010, 06:40 AM
I really like the idea. Dwarves a major part in nearly every fanatasy setting.

Rythal
01-27-2010, 08:29 PM
voted yes, in hopes that psyekl will grace us with his amazing talent with underground cavern maps.

DevinNight
01-29-2010, 10:51 PM
My next campaign takes place in a dwarven city.. so I would actually find time to enter this one.