PDA

View Full Version : *** December 2009 Challenge - Wishing you a very Orcish Christmas.

ravells
12-08-2009, 08:10 PM
This month's challenge is "Holiday on Ice...for Orcs"

It's December and the festive season. Christmas! Hannukah! The festival of head boiling...if you're an Orc.

So here is this month's challenge:

We would like to see a festive map from the point of view of an orc. Any scale. You may think of orcs whose best christmas would be to see Minas Tirith in flames. Or perhaps something more gentle. It is up to you.

Your map must:

* Have a winter theme.
* Be seen from the point of view of orcs.

Feel free to festoon your map with all sorts of Orcish goodness and even better if you map tells an orcish story.

So make it an orcish Christmas for us all!

Best of luck and may the best orc win.

Coyotemax
12-08-2009, 09:12 PM
ooh that's brilliant!

Now to come up with something...

Juggernaut1981
12-08-2009, 09:19 PM
wow...
I feel more than a touch gobsmacked at that whole idea...

mearrin69
12-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Cool. Don't know if I have time but I'll see if I can at least try to participate.
M

Ascension
12-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Due to time constraints, I might just have to whip up something in pencil. Gotta find me n idear den git crackin (helps if I think in orcish). :)

Steel General
12-09-2009, 07:34 AM
Doubt I'll have time for anything, but we'll see.

Redrobes
12-09-2009, 09:03 AM
What a great challenge idea. I'm still neck deep in projects tho.

industrygothica
12-10-2009, 01:03 PM
What a great challenge idea. I'm still neck deep in projects tho.

Come on... you know you want to. ;)

-IG

su_liam
12-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Orcs with iceskates.... What could go wrong?

ravells
12-11-2009, 08:30 PM
I have an idea but I won't have the time to do it, but I hope someone else will take it up: How about an orcish advent calendar .... a map with locations....the unturned flap has happy villagers etc, but the turned flap has carnage.... any takers?

Ramah
12-11-2009, 08:49 PM
I have an idea but I won't have the time to do it, but I hope someone else will take it up: How about an orcish advent calendar .... a map with locations....the unturned flap has happy villagers etc, but the turned flap has carnage.... any takers?

Hehe. That's a brilliant idea. :)

Immolate
12-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Ravells...whenever you see this, we should probably put this one to vote as soon after Christmas as possible. Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

ravells
12-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Roger that, probably boxing day...

industrygothica
12-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Looks like a lot of people are withdrawing this month. This season does tend to eat the time away rather quickly.

I was just imagining the thumbnails page when it came time to vote, and all those entries up there that shouldn't be. I came up with this little image for Redrobes's scraper to pick up if it's placed in a withdrawn entry's thread. Shouldn't be any confusion that way.

Use it if you like it, don't if you don't...

-IG