PDA

View Full Version : [Unpaid] Fantasy City Request

Vorhees
12-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Hi Guys

I was wondering if any off you guys could help me shape my world, i need a couple of Cities done and if anyone wanted to play around i would be gratefully appreciative.

im not fussed on the style at all but would like them not too dark in color for printing reasons

i have many places but these two jump to mind first.

Dragabayn Castle

In the Realm of- Uthranna

1/Medieval / knights
2/Heavy Guard
3/In a Wooded /forest Area (the wood is part of the 100 mile wood)
4/Population – medium to high
5/only small farm land around and is controlled by the Castle
6/ The Leader is a Tyrant (Kol-Tan Rhaul )
7/ no Religion
8/Wizards Keep (Head Wizard is called Vorhees :))

Caer Carurath

In the Realm of - Njordlund

1/Fortress on coast
2/mountains Close by
3/large Fishing community
4/Nordic / barbarianish type Culture
5/ long harsh Winters/ snow is often as its set high north
6/ Population – medium
7/ Druidic Circles
8/ Gurney’s Green (A druidic Garden with a Tree in middle)

Any takers?

:)

As an Alternative if some one has a few maps of Towns / Cities / Hamlets that are unlabeled so i can play with the text would be great. Credit for the maps will always be Given to the Cartographer

Please PM me if interested thanks

Thanks
Vorhees

Gandwarf
12-09-2009, 05:37 AM
Hi Vorhees,

Please read the Sticky thread:
http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=2569

I am missing some things in your post, like if this is a paid or unpaid request.

Also, cities take a lot of work, so it might be a better idea to look at some city maps in the forum and see if you can use any (like you suggested yourself).

Vorhees
12-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Sorry About that Gandwarf

Unfortunatly it would be unpaid :(

As its for my own RPG world there are not really any time constraints , one reason for this is as im new to mapping i am unaware the man hours you guys put in and i appriciate that it would be alot.

As for style there are many on here i like and i dont mind the artist doing his own thing the only ask is Lighter colors for Printing Purposes.

Being a novice i at this stage dont no the scale either. sorry

semi professional is all needed

If i get my world to the stage it can be on the web, it will be a free thing , all credit for maps will be given to the corisponding Artist

Hope this is better

Please if anyone is intreasted , or again if there is any unlabeled maps available.

I have ordered CC3 for xmas and will learn that as well :)

Thanks

Steel General
12-09-2009, 07:56 AM
I second Gandwarf's suggestion about checking the various forums to see if there is an existing city map that fits either of your requests. Or you may find one the 'author' is willing to modify to suit your needs.

Vorhees
12-09-2009, 08:14 AM
cool will do thanks guys

on the other hand is there a Gimp city tutoril here ?

thanks again

Gandwarf
12-09-2009, 11:15 AM
cool will do thanks guys

thanks again

Not for Gimp I think... alas.

ravells
12-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi Vorhees. I did a forest city map for the CWBP which I could dig out and delete the labels to so you could re-label it for your own purposes if the main idea of it is close enough to what you are after.

Have a look here. (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=2148&page=3)

Vorhees
12-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Very Nice Map Ravs.

Thanks Heaps , would be great if i could use mate it will suit Dragabayn Castle

What Program did you use to do the Name of the City its sweet , do you think you could do that Part?

ravells
12-09-2009, 06:59 PM
It was a long time ago, I think it was done with a combo of photoshop and Serif Drawplus for the labelling.

I'll need a little time to produce a blank version for you as I've just done a clean reinstall of windows 7 so all my software needs to be reinstalled. Give me a couple of weeks or so.

I think you mean the font for the name of the city....I can't remember, but once I open the original file in Drawplus it should tell me.

best

Ravs

Vorhees
12-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Cool thanks Ravs. dont rush dude its Xmas enjoy it

ravells
12-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Don't worry, I shall! :)

RobA
12-10-2009, 03:40 PM
cool will do thanks guys

thanks again

There is this one for photoshop:
http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=530

which can be done in gimp, with the exception of some of the layer things.

-Rob A>

Vorhees
12-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks Heaps RobA

ravells
01-13-2010, 06:11 AM
I could only find the Jpeg renders and not the original file which I could 'switch the labels off' with - but I hope it works for you.