PDA

View Full Version : [Withdrawn]December Entry: Sandy Clawz's Lair

Coyotemax
12-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Even Orcs celebrate the holidays, and have their winter mythologies!

Going off the theory that mythological figures tend to be similar across different cultures (or maybe the orcs just outright stole this one, who knows? I'm certainly not going to be the one to ask), the Orcish Anthropology Department at the University of Gelderland proudly presents An Orcish Christmas Tale.

Painfully recreated (literally, our researchers who went into Orc territory usually got tortured to death) to exacting standards, we are depicting the lair of one of the greatest Orcish heroes never before known to man. Every winter season, they sing (screech, wail, howl, shout and otherwise make noise) the praises of this great Orc figure. Little is known of his origins, but orclings are always warned that if they do not behave themselves properly during combat training (always assume your fellow students are about to kill you, strike when they're not looking, the best opponent is an unconscious opponent, kick them in the goolies before they kick you) then Sandy Claws will crawl down the chimney during Midwinter and beat them about the head and shoulders, and no, Mommy and Daddy will not help, you're on your own you little weakling!

Orclings who survive the year often have gifts left for them - swords, axes, severed elf heads, and for the especially lucky few - lumps of coal!

He is rumoured to travel through the air in a heavily armed battlewagon pulled by 9 powerful Dire Wolves, the leader of which is said to have not only glowing red eyes, but a glowing red nose.

Truly a frightening legend!!

(And now for something COMPLETELY different... Iso style.. IN LEGO!)

Steel General
12-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Where's the wolf with the red nose? :D

Coyotemax
12-09-2009, 07:42 AM
He'll show up soon. You don't think he's gonna bunk with the peons, do you :D

Steel General
12-09-2009, 07:46 AM
So he's the "Big, Bad Wolf" huh? :D

Coyotemax
12-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Heh, that actually sounds like a fun tack to take with it.

*draws a tattered bloodstained red cloak on the floor of the den*

Map Vandal
12-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Does Sandy Clawz have a bunch of elven slaves that he forces to make stuff for him?

Coyotemax
12-09-2009, 06:22 PM
The parts have to come from somewhere.. :)

ravells
12-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Sandy Clawz...love it!!!

Vorhees
12-09-2009, 08:04 PM
lmao awesome , i rekon i need to make a New Wow Toon:)

Coyotemax
12-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Slow going so far, this is more of a 3d program than anything else, and I've got so many things going on otherwise :)

Doesn't help that things run slow on my laptop with it, and placement of objects can be very... annoying at times. just when you get something placed just right, the slightest nudge and your object attaches wrong. Perhaps I should use a mouse for this and not the tablet. Plus it doesn't let you do certain things that are simple in RL - I wanted to have coals and logs scattered in the forge, but you can't place items on top of other items without having a spot to attach them. this also means I can't have skeleton body parts littering the back corner of the barracks like I planned, and similar ideas. Perhaps I'll set a few things up and add them with post processing in photoshop.

So yeah, Sandy himself is at the forge, some of the guards are in place, and the elf slaves are now on location :)

Coyotemax
12-15-2009, 03:34 PM
much as i hate to say it, i'm seriously considering withdrawing. there's too much going on right now and I'm finding myself not able to work on this as much as I expected, and at the rate things are going right now I won't be able to put in the work I was expecting to.
I won't go into the medical complications that have come up recently, but the extra meds are having an impact as well.

So I may as well make it official, if a CL could mark this as withdrawn, that would be appreciated.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone else.

Ascension
12-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad news, bro. Unless, of course, the issue refers to commission work, then it's all good :)

Ramah
12-15-2009, 04:02 PM
That's a real shame in all possible ways.

It doesn't sound good when you say "extra meds" so that can't be nice for you. It's a shame that the competition is now without one of its strongest competitors now this month. And it's also a shame because I was really looking forward to seeing how this puppy progressed.

Ah well, hope your situation improves soon.

Coyotemax
12-15-2009, 04:35 PM
well, with the extra meds, i'm feeling wonky more than not, and that kills most of my creativity. My body seems to be shutting down more often (read as sleep, i'm hoping because it's trying to go into self repair mode) So the little bit of wake plus creativity I have left, I'm putting into the commission work. And even that is getting less than half an hour at a time right now, maybe 2 hours max per day.. so yeah. Wasn't an easy decision, but there's no way I can put something out in time worthy of being called a finished map. I barely have the get-up-and-go to read more than 2 or three threads on the forum at a time. I'm prolly gonna pass out for an hour just after writing this :) Not meaning to come across as whinging, so apologies if I do..

I'll try another one of these lego maps some time in the future.. I had an idea on how to progress completely differently with it, so we'll see how that works out on another project.

Djekspek
12-15-2009, 05:16 PM
sorry te hear that :( Well, spend your energy wise, get well fast and then build us some more of these awesome lego structures!!

Steel General
12-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Get well first, map later...

Vorhees
12-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Get well dude so we can see some more great stuff

Sapiento
12-16-2009, 02:26 AM
Sorry to hear about your state. I hope you recover soon.

Locution
12-16-2009, 02:58 AM
Yea, take care of your body first mate! Mapping can wait. I hope you feel better soon...

ravells
12-16-2009, 06:32 AM
Get lots of rest. We'll be here when you're better.

Endarguul
12-16-2009, 06:41 AM
Sorry to hear that. Get well soon, Coyotemax.

Gandwarf
12-16-2009, 06:46 AM
Hope you get well soon Coyotemax!

Coyotemax
12-16-2009, 07:13 AM
thanks for the concern, to everyone.
I'm making the best of it, so far i've been able to keep my sense of humour intact. As long as that holds out, I should be ok :)

(what i really should have done with this map was Space Orks. Then I coulda broken into the space lego, ahwell!)

### Latest WIP ###

Ascension
12-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Space orcs :) Reminds me of Pigs in Space from the Muppets.