PDA

View Full Version : A newcomer is approaching...

TheSoro
12-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Hi all =D First of all, I'd like to tell you a "secret"... yes, I think it's a secret... or maybe not... I don't know... I don't know how tell it... it's not so easy... Well...

Ok, I give up... I'm french... So, please, excuse me if you can't understand all my words =S I'm 17, and I think I speak pretty well the english language but I can make some mistakes... yeah, true, a man as me can do it... Sorry for that.

But I hope you will accept me in your community... =S

One more thing : I absolutely don't know how to create a map... In fact, as I'm not old enough, I can't buy on the internet so I haven't any software to help me... Once again, I'm sorry, please don't kill me, and put off this stick... _

Gandwarf
12-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the guild... your English is perfectly understandable.
There's a lot of tutorials in this website, so you can learn how to map :)

euio
12-13-2009, 01:02 PM
There are lots of really great free map-making programmes out there for download.

Look at PDN (getpaint.net) or GIMP (www.gimp.org).

Most people on this site use either GIMP or Photoshop.

Ascension
12-13-2009, 01:13 PM
All you really need is a burnt stick and something flat and a camera. There's one guy who draws all of his stuff by hand on paper, takes a picture, then uploads it. Simple is sometimes good. Bon jour and happy travels.

TheSoro
12-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Yes, I'll will look for something easy to use, and free... the title say it : I'm a newcomer T-T
In fact, I need to map for a role play game that I create with a friend. It's not really "perfect" but we're just two teenagers ^^'
And thanks for this warm welcome =D

ravells
12-13-2009, 03:56 PM
We are glad you approached and seriously, there is so much good free software you can use for mapping. Check out stickies on the software section to find out what's available. Age doesn't matter here, imagination is more important!

NeonKnight
12-14-2009, 02:23 AM
Welcome to the Guild!

Adanvo
12-14-2009, 04:07 AM
Welcome to the guild and don't worry, i`m also a "freshman" and i`m german, so the english problem is even the same ;)
And by the way, i couldn`t map as well when i started here, but the tutorials and the guild feedback helped me very much to learn step by step.

Steel General
12-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Welcome Aboard!

TheSoro
12-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Thanks all :p

Ok, I will find a software right now =D