PDA

View Full Version : The Santer Class (Maraxxian Emp.)

jaspertjie
12-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Hi folx I am busy on starships from my race the Maraxxians, and come to my second ship till now: The Santer Class.
#4 - Impulse exhaust:

Gamerprinter
12-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Did you say "Santer Claus"? J/K

Nice 3D ship!

Got an interior view?

GP

jaspertjie
12-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Did you say "Santer Claus"? J/K

Nice 3D ship!

Got an interior view?

GP

Has been said on another forum too :lol::lol::lol:. Are you 'Joyful&Triumphant' (that's his name)?

Vorhees
12-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Nice work mate , pretty sweet

someguy
12-15-2009, 03:06 AM
OK I like it all save for the protruding nose. It just doesn't seem like it belongs.

jaspertjie
12-15-2009, 06:50 AM
What's wrong with it?

Steel General
12-15-2009, 06:56 AM
@jaspertjie - I re-uploaded your images as attachments so they will utilize the boards viewer.

jaspertjie
12-15-2009, 07:40 AM
Thanks! Do you like the ship?

Gamerprinter
12-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Has been said on another forum too :lol::lol::lol:. Are you 'Joyful&Triumphant' (that's his name)?

Gamerprinter is the only name I use online anywhere, so I'm not "Joyful&Triumphant".

"Santer Class" - has an obvious sound to it, sounds lots like "Santa Claus". As a curiosity, what does "Santer" refer to - the builder's name, or something else???

I realize that a class of ship is generally named after the first ship of that line. Still what is "Santer"?

Also have to agree with Someguy - the Pinnochio nose on that ship is quite odd. Except for some unknown technological reason that you put it there, I don't see a purpose for that long nose, though you might have some obvious reason to use that. It just looks odd.

GP

jaspertjie
12-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Santer was the first name of one of the five founders of the Maraxxian Empire. His last name was Glossin. The others were: Haridaxus Takker, Yardax Eredexa, Hasona T"ollis, Jógex Falidax.

someguy
12-15-2009, 11:01 PM
What's wrong with it?
Gamerprinter pretty much summed it up.

...the Pinnochio nose on that ship is quite odd. Except for some unknown technological reason that you put it there, I don't see a purpose for that long nose, though you might have some obvious reason to use that. It just looks odd.

RobA
12-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Hangon -

Is the long protruding shape on the right (in the second image, eg) the front or the rear of the ship? It looks to me, based on the first shot (bridge) and the last shot (impulse vents?) that this is actually the rear of the ship.

-Rob A>

jaspertjie
12-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Indeed it is, and I have some new photographs with some armory on it (tomorrow).