PDA

View Full Version : Test of a new style

Kronski
12-15-2009, 06:42 PM
This is an experimental thing that combines abstract mountains and forests with realistic political details - it isn't complete yet. I just started and haven't had time to put in a map key yet, so green lines are international highways, orange line are national ones. Any thoughts?

Ascension
12-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Very experimental. Hard for me to say much, not really qualified.

asdel
12-15-2009, 10:08 PM
I like the idea you're going after, here.

You could add a lot of content to this map. Trade routes, locations of historical battles, key strategic locations

I like the mountains. Simple and effective.

I don't much like the forests, however. They look like smudges to me. And also, the coasts look odd.

rdanhenry
12-15-2009, 11:20 PM
Interesting. Some parts look very painterly. How you creating this?

Also, the Co(n)federated States of Arran lost an "n".

Kronski
12-16-2009, 01:47 AM
I'm drawing this in Paintshop, using the tried-and-tested 'dabbling when you're bored' method.

Also, a new version is attached. Among other things, I messed with the forests a bit.

Locution
12-16-2009, 01:53 AM
This is a very unique style. I think if you tightened the mountains up a bit and made then opaque it would clean up the map a bit and give you more room for whatever else you need to add. On the whole I like what you are trying to achieve.

rdanhenry
12-17-2009, 01:07 AM
The second "International Boundry (sea)" is actually the land boundary marker. Also note the missing "a" in "boundary".