PDA

View Full Version : Tol Jinria

Rythal
12-19-2009, 05:11 PM
kay, so Ive started this to focus on mountains. I started this after admiring the dragon age map for a while. I'll work on the labels and more detailed stuff later if I get around to it, but I want to get a good result with the mountains first. Here is what I have so far.

Personally, i think they are too low, not showing enough slope. Any comments for improvements will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Ascension
12-19-2009, 06:26 PM
I like the offshoot spurs you have going but you need more in that empty middle part. To add height, and also visual drama, try airbrushing in some black or dark brown on the shadowed side...that's what I do. Since you're using Corel I don't know what sort of capabilities it has so I can't really help much...you're the trailblazer here for others to follow :)

Diamond
12-19-2009, 08:33 PM
It looks extremely purty, but I agree with Ascension, you could use some more spurs in the central part of that large range.

Steel General
12-20-2009, 07:54 AM
It looks like a good start, and I agree with the previous comments.

Also, depending on the scale I would think the mountains would be 'thicker'.

Rythal
12-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Heres the latest on the mountains, with a less realistic/ more artistic look to them imo, which happens to be what I prefer :p

Rythal
12-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Latest, added labels of Oceans, Country's and Regions.

JDCt
12-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Its looking quite fantastic! I like the look of your mountains, and the over all feel of the map. Maybe it isn't your intention, but with the darker tones, it certainly gives this place a dark and foreboding sense to me. Looking forward to seeing you develop this map further!

Ascension
12-27-2009, 12:32 PM
I love that font, Dark 11, I believe...one of my all time faves but I never get a chance to use it.

Rythal
12-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks for all the support!

Added rivers, cities, as well as some minor adjustments

Davros01
12-28-2009, 10:46 AM
looks very good. In addition to the comments, I would recommend more greeblies on the continent.

Marc

Steel General
12-28-2009, 12:27 PM
The font used for the city labels us a bit difficult to read at that size. Otherwise this is coming along nicely.

Rythal
01-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Hey all!

sheesh, I leave for a week up to my cottage up north near wiarton/ tobermory and find that my project has nearly fallen to the third page. sigh. guess that means I have 2 pages worth of amazing talent to look through.

Anyways, a week of late nights and partying pushed to the side, I spent most of the past 3 hours touchin up the map and trying to figure out what on earth greeblies are.

heres the latest, I'm hoping that its almost done. The only thing that I think might improve it atm is have heraldry sheilds beneath the country names and maybe a better border. Thoughts?