PDA

View Full Version : By Request, Rocky Port Maps

NeonKnight
09-10-2007, 05:53 AM
The map for Rocky Port is in the City Map thread, but I will post it again here for ease of view.

NeonKnight
09-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Building A's Map of the Fortress:

NeonKnight
09-10-2007, 05:55 AM
Second map of Building A:

NeonKnight
09-10-2007, 05:57 AM
Buildings (towers actually), B & C

NeonKnight
09-10-2007, 05:59 AM
And the last map, Building G. Maybe someday I'll finish mapping it out in CC3.

thebax2k
09-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Thank you very much for the castle and buildings NeonKnight--although I will not be running a pirate campaign for awhile, I suspect Rocky Port may crop up in some fashion... ;) Should you find additional old drawings of buildings and feel like posting them, they would be more than welcome.

Also, have you ever taken a calligraphy course? Some of the lettering on your maps is very flowery and well done--it reminds me of the old Greyhawk Darlene map.

Take care and good mapping.

NeonKnight
09-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Nope, never took a Caligraphy course, but I did get a calligraphy set of pens, inks etc for Christmas way back when I was around 14. Sadly my skills have likely degenerated since then, but I have been told my penmanship for simple printing is very nice and neat, too much so for a man :P

Dencrason
10-07-2007, 01:29 AM
Exactally what I wanted! Great work on the maps. You could use lighter graph paper though...

NeonKnight
10-07-2007, 02:09 AM
Exactally what I wanted! Great work on the maps. You could use lighter graph paper though...

It's the fact that it was a type of graph paper I could not find anymore so I ran it through a photocopier to make more copies of. Sorry. (I actually have a little collection somewhere of some interesting sets of graph paper I found here-n-there)

helium3
10-08-2007, 11:11 PM
FYI, you can get that sort of graph paper at most university bookstores. I have a couple of pads I bought from a couple of years ago.

-Aaron

NeonKnight
10-09-2007, 02:25 AM
FYI, you can get that sort of graph paper at most university bookstores. I have a couple of pads I bought from a couple of years ago.

-Aaron

Hmmm, not in university anyomore (been twenty years :P), But, I tend to do all mapping in PC now. Thanx Though! I'll remember that if I look into getting more.

RobA
10-09-2007, 12:50 PM
It's the fact that it was a type of graph paper I could not find anymore so I ran it through a photocopier to make more copies of. Sorry. (I actually have a little collection somewhere of some interesting sets of graph paper I found here-n-there)

Try this site:

http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/

It makes lets you create pretty much any type of graph paper (including hex, etc) and gives you a PDF in whatever size you want.

-Rob A>