PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Exxham's Front

Daelin
12-29-2009, 05:28 PM
This is another attempt at corrupting Tear's style as laid out in his tutorial. I post this as a WIP because it's far from done, but I wanted to get some C&C on what I have so far, like if the mountains and forests work, and whatever else you might have a beef with.

I wanted to do something a little different, coastline-wise, so the region depicted is actually the small strip of ocean separating two larger continents, and hence to unusual dimensions - 2000x750pixels.

The map is a navy strategy map, so I plan on adding lines and symbols for ship movement and battles, along with other unnecessary fluff.

Alright, well, fire away...

Steel General
12-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Looks pretty good to me.

moutarde
12-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Looks really nice. :) The forests in the NE might be a little heavy though...

Dain
12-29-2009, 11:10 PM
It looks pretty coll as it is actually. I especially like the effect of depth underwater.
The forest at the right looks fine, imo.
The lands in the south have better contrast than the north ones, i believe, and give a better render.

Can't wait to see the final map!

PS: BTW, do you follow a specific tutorial from someboy else or did you do it all by yourself along your personnal experience?

Eilathen
12-31-2009, 08:01 AM
I looove the mountains you have here. Very nice!

@ Dain - This is based on Tear's Tutorial which you can find right here (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=8086)

Xyll
12-31-2009, 10:01 AM
I think it looks great. I can not wait to see what you do with it. I can see using it for a pirate game i was thinking about doing :)