PDA

View Full Version : Kingdowm of Wyrn (Pen-nPaper Maps)

NeonKnight
09-10-2007, 08:27 PM
The following are the coolective maps for a Gazateer style project I was doing for one of the nations from my campaign world, the fledgling Kindom of Wyrn. (City Maps to follow)

jaerdaph
09-10-2007, 08:42 PM
The following are the coolective maps for a Gazateer style project I was doing for one of the nations from my campaign world, the fledgling Kindom of Wyrn. (City Maps to follow)

I *love* the name of the town St. Serif. Clever play on words LOL! :D

NeonKnight
09-11-2007, 03:15 AM
Here is the Capitol of Wyrn, the formerly "Free City' of Kath. I realize now, looking at Kath, that the style of these city (as opposed to my current style) were inspired by the style of the cities of Harn.

NeonKnight
09-11-2007, 03:19 AM
These are some of the towns, villages etc I have mapped out.

NeonKnight
09-11-2007, 03:24 AM
ANd here are the maps for the Castle of Keep Locan

thebax2k
09-11-2007, 02:29 PM
Goodness gracious NeonKnight, do you have a massive stack of these drawings just sitting around? You never seem to run out! (not that that is a bad thing ;) You just earned some more rep.

Keep Locan looks very nice, consider it yoinked. It reminds me of some of the strongholds depicted in a very old Iron Crown Enterprises product called The Iron Wind. Keep it up.

pyrandon
09-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Goodness gracious NeonKnight, do you have a massive stack of these drawings just sitting around? You never seem to run out! (not that that is a bad thing ;)

Hahaha---this was my interior monologugue upon seeing this, to a tee!

That and the fact taht you have about 300 places labeled on the city blow me away!!!

NeonKnight
09-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Hahaha.

Yeah, I do have a huge stock of old pen-n-paper maps kicking around. I have posted all the City maps I have ever done on paper at this stage, though I do have a lot of villages & towns to still post ;)

Then comes the dungeons and the regional maps, probably about another 30 or so maps there.

I do know that those are nowehre neer all of them, as I have thrown out some of the maps as I converted them to CC2 and now CC3 because moving a single CD/disk was a lot easier then moving a stack of paper.

I just wish I knew if I still had some of the early 'modules' I wrote. For me, when I was younger I wrote my modules as if they published by TSR, complete with colored covers, internal pictures at time, etc. While this isn't an "artists" forum I can publish some of the drawings I did of my campaign world, and characters.

NeonKnight
09-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Hahaha---this was my interior monologugue upon seeing this, to a tee!

That and the fact taht you have about 300 places labeled on the city blow me away!!!

Well, I may have 300+ places labeled, does not mean I have detailed 300+ places. They may be label and named but that is about it. :(

Maybe I'll see about posting up my city/town/village keys as word Documents so you can see my crappy writing :P

Ishmayl
09-14-2007, 11:41 AM
NeonKnight,
Love the maps, especially the first one. My main recommendation would be to find some way to either print or buy a lighter graph paper. I know there used to be programs that would print graph paper, and that may be a good option. The thick, hexagonal lines make reading some of the names difficult. However, I really do like the style of your pencilship and illustration.

When you say you're working on a gazetteer-style project, what do you mean by that? Are you going to publish a small book, or booklet, or is it mostly web-based?

Cheers!

RobA
09-14-2007, 12:20 PM
I know there used to be programs that would print graph paper, and that may be a good option.

I recently used this site http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/ that is a nice, on-line graph paper generator. You can pretty much specify any grid style, color and size. and it gives the result as a pdf for you to save/print.

I just used it to create a 30"x30" hex grid in green with 1/2" hexes.....

-Rob (momentarily isometrical) A>

NeonKnight
09-14-2007, 12:27 PM
NeonKnight,

<SNIP>

When you say you're working on a gazetteer-style project, what do you mean by that? Are you going to publish a small book, or booklet, or is it mostly web-based?

Cheers!

The Gazateers would be mostly book style, like the following document.

Great for when you can't sleep at night.