PDA

View Full Version : Realm Of Darkmourn

Datagoblin
01-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Worked on this in CC3 and consider it finished, its an overview of a fantasy world I am working on, so it doesnt have all the details, just some of the more prominent geography.

Thanks to all who take time to look.

Datagoblin

Gandwarf
01-03-2010, 06:21 PM
I like this CC3 style a lot and you seemed to have nailed it perfectly. Have some rep.

Ramah
01-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Very clean, very clear, very nice. Clercon's style is maybe my favourite CC3 style and this is done really well. Good stuff.

Davros01
01-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Very nice map, I really like the north eastern isle. Looks like there might be some doin's happening there.

Thx, for the assist with my map.

Marc

Locution
01-05-2010, 04:46 PM
I am not normally a fan of maps done in CC3 but I thinks this one is very nice. Have some rep from me. I am impressed!

Datagoblin
01-05-2010, 05:33 PM
I appreciate the kind words from everyone, I really think this map style is one of the best of CC3. I sure am glad Clercon designed this set.

As a bonus, I named one of my countries in homage to him...Its called Cerlon and I sure hope he doesnt mind me doing it, now that the cats out of the bag! :)

Clercon
01-07-2010, 06:51 AM
I appreciate the kind words from everyone, I really think this map style is one of the best of CC3. I sure am glad Clercon designed this set.

As a bonus, I named one of my countries in homage to him...Its called Cerlon and I sure hope he doesnt mind me doing it, now that the cats out of the bag! :)

I'm really glad you like the style, and a bit flattered. The map looks great.
And the next time I hope you make “my” country a bit bigger ;-)

Datagoblin
01-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Lol Clercon...

The rest of the realms will bow down, dont you worry :) Yours is the only country producing maps of the world ;)

jfrazierjr
01-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Nice looking map, and I quite like the style you used based on Clercon's stuff. Not sure if you intend to continue to modify this in CC or if your ready to "print it out" to the screen and call it "done". If the later AND you want to make it look the nicest possible for screen/print, you might consider using GIMP or Photoshop and using the smudge tool to get the mountains to blend into the underlying terrain colors a bit more. Not needed by any means, but if your more of a perfectionist, it's something to consider...

Datagoblin
01-07-2010, 06:39 PM
This map is a .jpg formatted so it would fit the parameters of the forum and simply to show my finished map, any possible printed versions would be higher resolution for sure.

The style I chose purposely for the way it looks, not to be blended and shaded to look something like a screenshot from Google Earth. Think about a watercolor or oil painting, much of the charm comes from the brush strokes themselves and the gaps in color, the paper or canvas showing through, etc. The imperfections become the perfection.

I hope you get my meaning, not trying to turn this into an art discussion. ;)

Carnifex
01-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Suprisingly good for CC3 (haven't used CC myself though)!!
Only one thing I don't like about the map: most of the rivers are not very realistic (placed "wrong").

Datagoblin
01-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Please dont take the map literally. Its not based on the real world, its just for a fantasy game, in a fantasy universe that takes place in the imagination.

I had honestly thought of putting a floating river on this map that goes uphill, maybe next time.

P.S. All the rivers in my maps are carbonated.

Carnifex
01-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Please dont take the map literally. Its not based on the real world, its just for a fantasy game, in a fantasy universe that takes place in the imagination.

I had honestly thought of putting a floating river on this map that goes uphill, maybe next time.

P.S. All the rivers in my maps are carbonated.

OK - I totally got your point :)
But to explain my point: I've played fantasy RPG for a long time and I think that it's important in my fantasy worlds that the worlds has a big amount of realism in them.

Agelessone
01-12-2010, 04:10 AM
I really like the layout. Very nice. That northeastern island is screaming - "Plunder Me!"