PDA

View Full Version : Still Really new to this...

Nevynxxx
01-06-2010, 05:43 PM
I signed up here a long time ago, when I bought CC3.

Then a few weeks ago, I say a tutorial on using GIMP to do and underground map by Jonathan Roberts, and well, that kinda got the bug into me.

So I started doing some maps for the Rise of the Runelords, Pathfinder game I'm running, and here I am, back again.

The maps so far are in an album on here, but I haven't worked out how to link to it yet :)

Nev

Korash
01-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Album (http://www.cartographersguild.com/album.php?albumid=179)

I think that that will do it ;)

In future, all you need to do is go to your album page (or page to link), copy the URL, and then open a new post or reply, and at the top of the edit window you will find a button with a Globe and chain (3rd from right). Click that button and another window will open where you can paste the URL you copied before. Click OK and continue with your post. :)

If you want to see what it looks like in a post, just quote this post and you will see the URL entered at the top (without the "quote""/quote" of course)

torstan
01-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Hey Nevynxxx. Good to see you over here. Welcome!

Korash
01-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Search results (http://www.cartographersguild.com/search.php?searchid=712280)

For your info, here are some results of a quick search on Rise of the Runelords on this site. Might save you some Time ;)

Oh yeah....Welcome to the Guild

NeonKnight
01-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Welcome to the Guild. Nice maps, were they done in GIMP of CC3?

Nevynxxx
01-07-2010, 03:52 AM
@torstan - Thanks :)

@Korash thanks for the tips, although that search gives me no results.

@NeonKnight All done in the GIMP, playing with the tricks mentioned in a Jonathan Roberts' tutorial I found online.

Ascension
01-07-2010, 09:15 AM
By the way, in case you didn't know, Torstan = Jon. Welcome to The Guild, some nice stuff there.

Nevynxxx
01-07-2010, 09:27 AM
By the way, in case you didn't know, Torstan = Jon. Welcome to The Guild, some nice stuff there.

I wondered, thanks for the confirmation!

torstan
01-07-2010, 09:37 AM
No - Ascension! Now my secret is out!

:)

Korash
01-07-2010, 12:14 PM
@Korash thanks for the tips, although that search gives me no results.

Yeah.....Sorry about that. I guess the site only keeps the search results for a short period of time, 'cause I checked it before I submitted the post yesterday. You can find the Search feature on the menu bar and just enter "Rise Runelords" and you will see the results I was trying to show you. There are a few maps in the results there for you.

Nevynxxx
01-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Ahh, yes, funky. Some nice things in there.

Just one more level on the town hall to do, and then I'll post up a WIP thread for all three.... I can't decide what they need, but they don't quite look *done* to me yet...

Steel General
01-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Korash
01-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Ahh, yes, funky. Some nice things in there.

Just one more level on the town hall to do, and then I'll post up a WIP thread for all three.... I can't decide what they need, but they don't quite look *done* to me yet...

If you are still working on them, I would suggest posting the WIP thread now. People will look at them and give pointers and suggestions as to how to "finish" them. It is after all the Work In Progress thread.

Nevynxxx
01-08-2010, 04:03 AM
WIP Thread here.... (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?p=96008#post96008)