PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

cdeldridge
01-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Hi I'm new to the boards (and pretty new to CC3 as well) so I'm not really sure where to post this, but I am having a problem with CC3. Not really sure what I did, but for some reason I cannot seem to draw any landmass, sea, terrain, river, etc. Whenever I click to start the first point and then move on to the next point or to the last point nothing happens, that is I see nothing on the screen except for the cross-hairs. It only happens on this particular saved map (which I've spent a considerable amount of time on now). If I start a new map it works fine. Everything else seems to work however, such as symbols. Does anyone have any idea what I did or how to fix this problem? Thanks...

Steel General
01-11-2010, 06:59 AM
I don't use CC3, but I'm sure one of the CC Experts will be along shortly to help with your problem.

Welcome Aboard!

Midgardsormr
01-11-2010, 08:55 AM
It's possible you somehow changed the functionality of the draw tool(s) you're trying to use, or the save file got corrupted. Try copying the entire contents of your map to a new document. That should reset everything to the defaults while still preserving your work. If I recall correctly, you'll have to start a second instance of CC3 to do it; it's been a while since I've used the software.

NeonKnight
01-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I'm stymied as well. Mayhaps you could email me the FCW file and I can take a look.

Noon
01-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Just an idea, maybe stupid, but be sure the buttons Ortho/Snap/Attach/Locked are off when you are using a drawing tool (excepted if you want to use these functions of course)

cdeldridge
01-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. Ortho/Snap/Attached etc. are all off. Also if I copy and paste in the entire map into a new template all the sheets and layers get changed. Hey Neon how should I send you the FCW file so you can take a look at it? Still can't draw anything....

cdeldridge
01-11-2010, 03:23 PM
I finally figured it out. I tried changing the template (sea) properties to [Layer: Template] and [Sheet: Sea] and that fixed it. Don't know what the template (sea) got changed to or how but that must have been it. Thanks.....

NeonKnight
01-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Okie Dokie!