PDA

View Full Version : Heya!

Morrinn
01-12-2010, 12:03 PM
I've been lurking for a year or two, and have enjoyed some of the work that's been posted here, and I thought I'd finally try and flesh out a little fantasy world of my own.
I've only got one or two maps that are decent enough for exposure but I'm looking forward to improving and maybe producing something worthy of being posted here =)

Cheers, all.
-M

Korash
01-12-2010, 12:25 PM
First things first...

Welcome to the Guild and thanks for delurking :)

Second, if you have been browzing the site, you should know by now that any map is worthy of exposure. Even if it only to ask for help. The best way to improve is to take the plunge and put your work up for a little C & C. We are a freindly bunch and want to help create awesome maps.

Post early, and post often. :)

NeonKnight
01-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

Steel General
01-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Redrobes
01-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Welcome !

Do you want to put another pin on the map for Iceland next to Gorkamorka ?
http://www.cartographersguild.com/utilities/cgi-bin/WhereInTheWorld.pl

Heres a question I meant to ask. How many icelanders speak icelandic now ? I always liked the sound of the lyrics to Sugar Cubes tracks even tho they made no sense.

And also, do you get near any of the glaciers and ice floes there ?

Morrinn
01-15-2010, 08:34 AM
*Added to the map*

Thanks for the welcomes, I'll be sure to put up some of my less ugly maps when I have the chance :)

Redrobes: We all pretty much speak Icelandic still, thankfully, though some speculate that we'll have lost much of it in a few generations due to increased cultural influences and slang's. Most Icelanders are bilingual, English, Icelandic and Danish is all mandatory subjects in primary school.

As for Glaciers, there are several great big glaciers on Iceland. Floating icebergs are rarer down south, but up in the northern parts they are not uncommon. We've even had some poor polar bears hitch a ride with them sometimes which is pretty sad since usually they are in poor health and need to be taken down.
We'll probably be seeing more of those in the coming years :/

Again thanks for all the welcomes!