PDA

View Full Version : Ruined Temple WIP

JDCt
01-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Here is a dungeon I am working on for my campaign. I haven't quite got the back story for it worked out yet, but that is coming along :P As the title suggests, it will be a ruined temple of some sort. I plan this on being 3 floors, plus a natural cave part to it. So far, I have the layouts for floors 1 and 2 done. (Though they aren't yet ruined :P lol) I will be working on 3 and the natural cave today if I can get a few other things done.

Using graph paper and pencil (let me know if the images aren't clear enough) and hopefully I will be able to turn this all into dungeon tiles at some point or another. I still need to flesh out details, but I will update as I go along.

There are quite a few cramped spaces and skinny halls. I hope this makes it somewhat challenging for my players, but I may change that some time along the way. I am not too sure yet.

*EDIT*

I should also add...

Floor 1
1) Altar
2) Dining Hall
3) Lesser Summoning Area
4) Storage
5) Secret Study
6) Kitchen
7) Dormitories

Floor 2
1) Library
2) Greater Summoning Area
3) Study Hall
4) Secret Lab
5) Secret Office
6) Priests Quarters
7) High Priests Quarters

Jaxilon
01-18-2010, 04:00 AM
For some reason I always love the pencil look.

Steel General
01-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Looks pretty good so far.

JDCt
02-22-2010, 02:48 AM
So this map has been put on hold for a while, but I am starting into it again. I will be furnishing this map as time goes and as I make more objects. This is going to be extremely detailed as I am creating it to scale for battles at 300dpi so that I can eventually get it printed and use it for my campaign. I am feeling a bit tired but I may start to make the second floor to this point as well. I hope to get your opinions as I progress through this. Hopefully it won't be too much longer until I can get this set of maps done.

*edit*

Added in the second floor map

Doirche
03-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Looks awesome! I always begin my dungeons with a pencil and sketch draft and then convert it into CGI. Your maps are great.. I'd love to hear some more background on them.

Steel General
03-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Other than the 'repeating tile', it looks really nice so far. The Dundjinni user forums have oodles of tile sets you may want to look into.

JDCt
03-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the comments! I will be using these maps in my D&D campaign, so there will be background on them when that portion of my campaign comes about. As for the tile sets, I appriciate you pointing me to the user forums. It's something I may look into for inspiration, as right now, I am currently creating a libray of custom assets for map making, and as part of a class project for my degree. Hopefully I will be able to create enough to make these maps look lived in and diverse.