PDA

View Full Version : Some field like patterns

RobA
01-20-2010, 12:10 AM
I was playing with some new filters and ended up with something I thought could be turned into field patterns. So here are a number of variants:

21191 21192 21194

-Rob A>

Ascension
01-20-2010, 03:28 AM
Hey, thanks, man. This will really come in handy for me. I like the stuff going on with that bottom pic there...lots of different things there and all pretty interesting.

Steel General
01-20-2010, 07:04 AM
Neat stuff here Rob - thx!

torstan
01-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Nice stuff. That looks really good. Thanks! Any chance you'll say what the filters are that got you there?

RobA
01-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Nice stuff. That looks really good. Thanks! Any chance you'll say what the filters are that got you there?

Hah! I can't remember. I was just diddling around using G'MIC toolbox (http://gmic.sourceforge.net/) which is available as both a gimp plugin and standalone. It is a bit of swiss army knife fro image manipulation.

-Rob A>

Juggernaut1981
01-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Rob>
Would there be a way to get that kind of effect by creating a "25% grey, 75% grey" striped layer, a little blur and then your "Jagged Coastline Sandwich" on top? Add it as an overlay or screen to a "varied green" layer and ta-da...

If you wanted it isometric, then you start tinkering with the orientation of the stripes using perspective tools.

Ascension
01-20-2010, 09:03 PM
The problem with ISO patterns is that they won't pattern well...I've been trying to create an ISO field pattern for about 5 months now (both for sat-style and for hand-drawn). The problem is called perspective. You could probably get away with using a small pattern in small patches (single farms) but anything covering areas of size gets ruined.

RobA
01-20-2010, 09:30 PM
The problem with ISO patterns is that they won't pattern well...I've been trying to create an ISO field pattern for about 5 months now (both for sat-style and for hand-drawn). The problem is called perspective. You could probably get away with using a small pattern in small patches (single farms) but anything covering areas of size gets ruined.

Mine tiles seamlessly... but I am guessing that is not what you are speaking about. ISO drawings have no perspective ;)

-Rob A>

Ascension
01-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Oh right right. Sorry. I confuse them.