PDA

View Full Version : Morgau and Doresh for Kobold Quarterly and Open Design

torstan
01-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Here's a map created for Open Design's Imperial Gazeteer. It shows the region of Morgau and Doresh and appeared on the back cover of Kobold Quarterly 11 (http://www.koboldquarterly.com). I've inverted the text from that version as it proved a little tricky to read.

This image is rights reserved. The large version (full letter size at 300dpi) appears in KQ11. This is a downsized version.

boognish
01-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Wow, that's a very nice map. Are those mountains done by hand or are they computer generated in some way? I didn't realize you were an industry professional. I stopped by your fantastic maps site to check out your other works and I really love your style. Keep up the good work.

Ascension
01-20-2010, 09:59 PM
Sweet, bro.

Steel General
01-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Very nice!

torstan
01-21-2010, 11:20 AM
The mountains are done by hand. They're done using a soft light layer for the overall light and shade (using a white and black brush respectively) and another soft light layer for details where the same method is used to give the sharp highlights and texture to them. The background is a parchment texture that gives and overall unifying texture to the whole map.

@Ascension and SG: Thanks! It's nice to finally be able to post some of this stuff :)