PDA

View Full Version : Albums question

Jaxilon
01-24-2010, 10:54 AM
So am I correct in that you have to manually add a finished work to your album? It is not attached to your userid already?

I had figured my album would sort of chronicle my first steps into digital art and one day be full of nice things.

For example I added my first creation ever from gimp and then I took on my first map. I never manually added the map so I don't see it in my album. I know it's on the site somewhere.

I guess my question is how do you guys use your album and do I need to manually add stuff to it or are my posted images already connected to me somehow?

Midgardsormr
01-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Yes, you have to create albums manually. That way, they'll only have your best finished work in them, rather than every image you ever uploaded. I don't know if the new software works the same as the old, but before the maximum size for an album image was somewhat smaller than the max for a regular attachment.

There also used to be a way to set up a link that would show every thread you started in the Finished Maps section, but that syntax apparently broke in the upgrade. I don't know if it's been fixed yet or not.

Steel General
01-24-2010, 11:32 AM
There also used to be a way to set up a link that would show every thread you started in the Finished Maps section, but that syntax apparently broke in the upgrade. I don't know if it's been fixed yet or not.

I don't believe it has, I know RobA was going to look into it. Probably hasn't had a chance to yet.

Ascension
01-24-2010, 11:34 AM
The other thing is that Albums are completely different from the My Maps thing we were doing. Albums are a collection and they have much smaller size limit as well as a cumulative megabyte limit. The My Maps was a link finder for a specific forum (finished maps) that found all threads started by the author in that forum.

Midgardsormr
01-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I just looked at the Advanced Search options, and they're all screwy. I can't even figure out what some of the options mean.

edit: Okay, I discovered the "Search by Type" button in the upper right of the advanced search screen. That opens up the options we had before: Searching particular forums and limiting it to threads started by user. Doesn't help with constructing a search link, but at least we can get to what we need to find still.