PDA

View Full Version : Aiad

Rythal
01-27-2010, 10:05 PM
After many long hours of supposed studying, I'm done exams, so I'm allowed to reveal what I was secretely doing when I should have been getting ready for math.

Creation: Went crazy with the brush tool, painting random white blobs, blew up the Gaussian blur, and threw a cloud texture overtop on another layer, setting it to divide (i think). after that, slapped a fountain fill for the climate regions, and played with a whole bunch of textures. next came the mountains, which involved a dignified misuse of the cut-out lab. Combined everything I had together, then cut it out so I could work on the ocean. Also used a new font, Schoon.

the overall style was meant to be similar to Infusion (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?7201-Infusion), though with more grunge and .... "Greeblies"

Ascension
01-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Pretty cool. Looks to me like you could run with this and develop a style and do up a nice tut here for Corel and maybe help get that software some exposure.

Heathcourt
01-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Stunningly beautiful!

arsheesh
01-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Hot Damn that is cool! I like the "grunge" look allot. Only potential infelicity I see is that the cursive font (Schoon?) is a bit difficult to reed. But heck, it looks really good. Kudos Rythal.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

ravells
01-28-2010, 04:58 PM
The glow around the land looks like backlighting....really cool effect.

Davros01
01-28-2010, 05:06 PM
A very nice map, i like that textured look. I agree, get corel on the map and do up a tutorial.

Rythal
01-29-2010, 12:20 AM
a tut is in the works, and I will hopefully have completed the first portion by next week (goin skiing with my dad for the weekend, so i wont have access to a comp till Wednesday)

Djekspek
01-29-2010, 08:35 PM
this is a very nice piece! really great use of color. And... dont go skiing and finish the tutorial :D