PDA

View Full Version : Inn Underground.

JDCt
01-28-2010, 01:23 AM
Hey all. Here is an undergorund catacomb portion from an Inn, (something akin to the Friendly Arm Inn from Baldurs Gate) for my campaign. Hope you enjoy this one. I started with a hand drawn image on graph paper and then brought it into photoshop.

Rythal
01-28-2010, 09:48 AM
ooh very dark... i liek. hope to see you take this further.

JDCt
01-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Any suggestions as to what I can add, or where I can take it further? I was thinking of throwing in some stalagmites and such, but for objects, there isn't much beyond that. There are certainly touchups I would need to do, but suggestions would be quite welcome!

Ascension
01-28-2010, 10:41 AM
I'd lighten it up just so that we can see the hallways and such easier. Layer of white set to soft light then reduce opacity to taste.

Rythal
01-28-2010, 07:11 PM
to me it seems very... empty. Some torches on the walls would lighten it up, while retaining the dark mood. With these kind of things, I'm used to seeing a large central room, just to give the map some focus. Perhaps it could be a meeting place for some secret society made up of patrons/ innkeeper etc. , or a cellar where the ale is kept in secrecy.

but if you cant change the layout of the tunnels, then the torches would be a nice addition.

JDCt
01-28-2010, 08:02 PM
I will look into adding a few things. I am making most of the assets from scratch, so I don't have any torches etc made. Part of this is for a class, so I am a bit limited to what I can use as I have to create all the content myself. I will update as I get more things made up. As for not having a central area... I sorta wanted this to be a bit maze like, and be more a natural formation with no point of focus. Not sure if I accomplished that or not, but this is why we practice :) Thanks for the input. It is certainly much appriciated.