PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor area. Nothing really special

JDCt
01-28-2010, 08:57 PM
I got a bit bored today, and decided to dabble in an outdoor area. This really didn't have any thought put into it. I just wanted to test some of the repeating textures I made and make sure things like the roads connected right. Other than that, I am not sure what I am going to do with this... I will likely add more of course. I know the bridges don't fit at all (going to work on that :P) It just may fall to the backburner for a while though. I haven't seen many outdoor maps here... though maybe I just havent been looking hard enough. XD

Ascension
01-28-2010, 09:12 PM
The gaming people call these encounter maps - places to set up a fight between dudes and creatures, kill them, and take their stuff. Looks fine to me except that bottom right tree is rotated away from the sun.

JDCt
01-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Ah, I will have to fix that. Would this be the right place to post this? Wasnt sure where it should go.

Ascension
01-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Hmm, good question. I'm inclined to say Battlemaps but I don't really know, not my specialty.

Steel General
01-29-2010, 07:58 AM
I went ahead and moved it to the VTT/Battlemap forum.

Jaxilon
01-30-2010, 03:05 AM
This looks really nice.

Is the top center thing a bush? It looks a bit cloudy to me compared with the other items like trees and grass and stuff.

The trees look really awesome

JDCt
01-30-2010, 02:54 PM
This looks really nice.

Is the top center thing a bush? It looks a bit cloudy to me compared with the other items like trees and grass and stuff.

The trees look really awesome

The thing in the top part is basically a small hill. I was using the dodge and burn tool to give a sense of height/depth. I am mostly just playing around where with techniques. Not sure what will come of this little map, but my next task is to build a bridge that fits in :P

Xyll
02-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Looks good nice and simple very usable. Can always use more of these maps for games. Nice textures