PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a ziggurat and jungle

vman3force
01-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Hey guys. Me and my buddy are going to be building a huge (4 by 6 feet) 3d map of a ziggurat and the surrounding jungle area. The idea is that it is located in the middle of an island covered in a treacherous labyrinthine jungle. The ziggurat itself is inhabited by snake people.

We want to include lots of little details and features on the map that the people looking at it can discover and interact with while exploring it through their characters. Do you guys have any ideas for things to put in?

Ascension
01-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Giant venus flytraps, sandpits with stakes, lots of little animals and reptiles and birds, giant gorilla, diplodocus, tribal dudes and shamen with little huts and stakes around their village, sacrificial altar, a cliff, "gold" coins and fake gems, palm trees from a railroad set, little snake dudes of course, oh and a ziggurat :)

Gamerprinter
01-29-2010, 05:02 PM
If its a Mayan ziggurat then you will have to place a waterfilled sinkhole near the pyramid area - as they were used for sacrafices and most ziggurat sites were near at least one open sinkhole. Don't place any rivers or streams, as those are all underground on the Mayan regions.

GP

GamerRay
02-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Assuming they're a tribal people, you could have a number of trip-wire traps, pits, enemies in trees, etc.

For non-combat things, there could be outlying villages (abandoned or raided), religious sites, or various clues that could lead them to exposing a weakness of the snake people, or something hidden in/around the main area.

Djekspek
02-19-2010, 06:38 PM
if it's Mayan, also maybe a "ball game field" as the mayans loved that game ;) ... or some other "bread and circus" crowd control mechanism. is you plan a village or city close.. maybe you could also do something with the positioning off the ziggurat with respect to north/south, astronomy, sun dawn/set, something religious ... furthermore when thinking snakes am thinking poison... deadly poisonous things... cheers

Davros01
02-19-2010, 08:57 PM
By the description, i'm assuming Mayan type and not Persian type, I would say panthers, and monkeys, and such. plus what the others have already stated. crocodiles would also be nice. In addition, when I made a module that took place in a jungle, I wanted them to get a feel for it, so I included mosquitoes and lots of em. I also made sure they understood that they were hot, very, very hot.

Marc

rdanhenry
02-19-2010, 11:57 PM
Yeah, jungles should have lots of bugs. And birds. And monkeys. And most of all, exotic diseases.

Jaxilon
02-28-2010, 01:05 AM
Mist - To make everything more ominous especially if you want to get them all spooked out before you spring some encounter on them.