PDA

View Full Version : First Map: Kuris and Surroundings

Pete of Hartainia
01-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Well, it's my first official map and I'd like some constructive criticism.
The map is of some random kingdom that I may use in the future for my dnd game.

Ascension
01-30-2010, 05:56 PM
That looks right and properly medieval; nice job, man.

Zar Peter
01-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Yep, don't know what you could do better on that map. Good stuff!

Coyotemax
01-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Wow nice! Is that hand-drawn? if it's not, my brain will explode :)

arsheesh
01-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Very cool Hartainia.

Jaxilon
01-30-2010, 08:52 PM
It looks very midevil. I find it hard to read a few of the names where they overlap the water but other than that I think it works.

It almost looks like you might have created this on a piece of brown paper shopping bag? Makes me wonder if one of those might actually make for a great paper texture. I agree with Coyotemax it really looks hand drawn which is cool.

Pete of Hartainia
01-31-2010, 02:55 PM
Yep, it ceartainly is hand drawn! I didn't have the software to do it so by hand it was. I did end up running it through Paint.NET though just to clean it up and add 90% of the text (poor handwriting). The paper I used was originally 8x16 artists sketch paper which I cut in half. I then drew the pencil lines in and treated the paper using a tea/vinegar combo and placed it in the oven to dry at 300 degrees. The top edge where I cut was rather ragged so I used my handy lighter to straighten it up. Inked using caligraphy markers. But I'm lazy and just downloaded Gimp so we'll see where that takes me.

Pete of Hartainia
01-31-2010, 02:56 PM
and a big thanks to everyone!

Sharpe
01-31-2010, 08:10 PM
Yep, it ceartainly is hand drawn! I didn't have the software to do it so by hand it was. I did end up running it through Paint.NET though just to clean it up and add 90% of the text (poor handwriting). The paper I used was originally 8x16 artists sketch paper which I cut in half. I then drew the pencil lines in and treated the paper using a tea/vinegar combo and placed it in the oven to dry at 300 degrees. The top edge where I cut was rather ragged so I used my handy lighter to straighten it up. Inked using caligraphy markers. But I'm lazy and just downloaded Gimp so we'll see where that takes me.I'm looking forward to it! :)

Coyotemax
01-31-2010, 08:33 PM
Nicely done, and thanks for the description of how you aged the paper - I've used techniques separately, but didn't think to tea/coffee stain the paper AND acid/heat treat it both at the same time!