PDA

View Full Version : Dreodae

Daelin
01-30-2010, 08:24 PM
After a few posted WIPs, I think I'm finally ready to give this map my patented "Meh, that's prolly as good as it gets" seal of approval.
This is a further development of my Oruss Bustan map style, equally patented as the "Yay, 10 hours spent on one 50px-by-50px area"-style.

Anyway, this is your your basic run-at-the-mill fantasy world region, dotted with a bunch of city states (which are wildly out of scale, geography wise).

Enjoy!

ravells
01-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Beautiful and individual style. Rep from me!

Davros01
01-31-2010, 04:48 AM
pretty cool looking mapl. definitely has its own style about it. very nice.

Marc

arsheesh
01-31-2010, 06:01 AM
I agree with the former comments: your map has a unique and appealing character all its own. Rep from me as well.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

Djekspek
01-31-2010, 07:04 AM
That's really great, indeed a unique style and I especially like how you did the mountains! cheers

Matrim
01-31-2010, 08:45 PM
Whoa! I love that style! Looks like something out of an epic children's book..or something..I dunno.. just looks awesome!
I dare not ask.. a tutorial perhaps? :)

Ascension
01-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Has a bit of oriental line work in it, pretty cool.

Daelin
02-01-2010, 05:14 AM
@Matrim

I don't know about doing a tutorial. I think it'll be pretty confusing to follow, and it will also expose the arbitrary methods I used, because I simply didn't know how to otherwise do them. Most of it involves painting with the pencil tool, hard pixes,l and then going through a million steps to get some smooth lines. It could probably be done in a much more efficient way, I just don't know Photoshop, and painting in general, that well.

Matrim
02-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Haha, I know what you mean, I wouldn't be able to make a tut either bc of the insane number of different things I try before I get the result I want. No worries though, I was mainly interested in the techniques used to get this result, wasn't planning on creating a map in this style. Just eager to learn, that's all ;)