PDA

View Full Version : Search Issues - Solved?

Robbie
01-30-2010, 08:29 PM
I actually made it through the whole search index...I think its actually working now! LOTS more search results. Hopefully you guys can find stuff now.

I also fixed a lot more color issues on groups and albums.

Ascension
01-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Appears to be working much better. I even managed a work-around for the My Maps thingy.

Robbie
01-31-2010, 09:11 AM
no ya didn't :( searchid's expire rather quickly. I've got a thread open at vbulletin.com discussing the url parameter changes. More to come.

Robbie
01-31-2010, 09:16 AM
Oh My!!!! Try this: http://www.cartographersguild.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=1165&starteronly=1&forumchoice[]=36&contenttype=vBForum_Post

Thats jfrazierjr's search.

Yours ascension is: http://www.cartographersguild.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=1165&starteronly=1&forumchoice[]=36&contenttype=vBForum_Post

Robbie
01-31-2010, 09:18 AM
Looks like the old searches will work if you add &contenttype=vBForum_Post to the end of the search string

Coyotemax
01-31-2010, 09:27 AM
Booyah!
Win for Arcana! I just added it to my sig link, works perfectly.

And the regular search seems to be working from what I can tell.
*bows to the master*

Ascension
01-31-2010, 10:16 AM
Oh, weird, worked from last night until this morning. Anyway, thanks, man.

Steel General
01-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Got mine working as well...thanks Arcana!

Midgardsormr
01-31-2010, 10:35 AM
Ding! I now see all of my tutorials. Great job, Arcana!

Sapiento
02-03-2010, 02:19 AM
I have searched but I couldn't find the thread how to add 'my maps' (and now also 'my challenge maps' as I see in Ascension's sig) in the signature. Could someone please post the link for me? Thanks in advance!

Ascension
02-03-2010, 06:30 AM
It's basically a search string based on started threads in a particular forum. If you hover your mouse over the appropriate subforum link on the main forum page - (forum.cartographersguild.com not the main entry page cartographersguild.com) - it will tell you the forum number in the lower left (Firefox) so that you can change the search to whatever you like. You also need your ID number so hover your mouse over your name and look in the lower left of the screen.

The link looks like this - the site upgrade won't let me post the whole thing without screwing it up so make sure to add the http:// and for some reason it keeps putting a space in forumchoice (apparently it always puts a random space somewhere in a long string as you can see in my underscore line - I wonder why it does that) so take that out.

forum.cartographersguild.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=2345&starteronly=1&forumchoice[]=36&contenttype=vBForum_Post

This is your ID number_____________________________^______________ _______________^
This is the forum number____________________________________________ _____________/

Finished Maps is 36, Tutorials is 48, and Challenge Archives is 59

By using the search string for challenge maps I can avoid filling up the Finished Maps section with my old challenge maps...sure it finds all threads started by me and that will include actual challenges and polls and whatnot but c'est la vie.

"http://www.cartographersguild.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=2345&starteronly=1&forumchoice[]=36&contenttype=vBForum_Post"

Hmm, no matter what it keeps putting a space between the c and h in &forumchoice[]...how weird. Of course now it doesn't do it...forumchoiceforumchoiceforumchoice...damn thing. At any rate, just hover your mouse over My Maps there and it will show the link in Firefox in the lower left or right click it and choose properties.

RobA
02-03-2010, 08:25 AM
"http://www.cartographersguild.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=2345&starteronly=1&forumchoice[]=36&contenttype=vBForum_Post"

You need to use the URLencoded square brackets, so forumchoice%5B%5D=36 instead of forumchoice[]=36 in the link.

-Rob A>

Steel General
02-03-2010, 08:31 AM
I was able to add a link for my Challenge Maps, so I don't need to move them to the Finished Maps forum (unless I want to :D).

Sapiento
02-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Thank you, guys! Worked quite well!

Coyotemax
02-03-2010, 05:06 PM
I thought about it for a bit, and figured I would move the challenge maps into the finished maps.. that way I get the opportunity to put the completed map as the first post instead of people needing to scroll/page through the thread to find the finished piece.

If that's a faux pas, let me know and i'll happily use a challenge link instead.

Ascension
02-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Not at all, man. Lots of people do it that way...me n Steel just gotta be different, ya know :)

Steel General
02-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah...I gotta be me, and be lazy as well :D

Coyotemax
02-03-2010, 07:32 PM
I think of it less as being lazy, and more along the lines of "efficient" lol

Coyotemax
02-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Incidentally, while browsing through the forum, I found the original stckypost to explain the finished maps link:
http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?8174-Create-a-link-to-your-finished-map-threads

Perhaps it should be updated with the new addition at the end of the URL?

RobA
02-04-2010, 12:15 AM
Incidentally, while browsing through the forum, I found the original stckypost to explain the finished maps link:
http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?8174-Create-a-link-to-your-finished-map-threads

Perhaps it should be updated with the new addition at the end of the URL?

Thanks, I updated the sticky post!

-Rob A>

Coyotemax
02-04-2010, 01:02 AM
Woot! Do I get an eagle-eye award? :P

Hey, I had a question about your greasemonkey script that's supposed to add a link to so everyone's finished maps.. I tried updating with the new bit of code added to it, but it didn't work.. is it not compatbile with this version of vb?

RobA
02-04-2010, 01:26 AM
Hey, I had a question about your greasemonkey script that's supposed to add a link to so everyone's finished maps.. I tried updating with the new bit of code added to it, but it didn't work.. is it not compatbile with this version of vb?

Unfortunately not. The css has been completely revamped, so I need to rework the greasemonkey script :(

-Rob A>

Coyotemax
02-04-2010, 01:47 AM
That makes me sad. If I had any kind of abilities that way I'd offer to try and rework, unfortunately the limit of my skill ends at scanning it for something i recognize (like a hyperlink) and replacing part of the text :)

RobA
02-04-2010, 02:56 AM
OK, the greasemonkey script should be working again!

-Rob A>

Coyotemax
02-04-2010, 03:20 AM
Holycrap, that's great. You win!!

[edit] ok, so i'm looking through the source trying to figure how to get it so it opens into a new tab instead of the same window (maybe that's just my own quirk, i like opening into a new tab so i can get to it in a bit while I continue reading the current page, gives it time to load, etc) and I can't quite see how.

Is it related to [2] == 'popupctrl'?

RobA
02-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Just add a _blank target to the link:

if (thisLink.text.substring(thisLink.text.length-1).toLowerCase() == 's') {
newLink.innerHTML = '<a href="'+galleryLink+'" TARGET=_BLANK>'+thisLink.text+'\' Maps</a>'
} else {
newLink.innerHTML = '<a href="'+galleryLink+'" TARGET=_BLANK>'+thisLink.text+'\'s Maps</a>'
}

-Rob A>

Coyotemax
02-04-2010, 03:34 PM
aaaah thanks!

perfect!