PDA

View Full Version : Lynch the Scribe

Coyotemax
02-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Note: I've been meaning to post my challenge maps into the finished map threads for quite some time .. now that the "My Finished Maps" link for the signatures works again, it reminded me.

This was my entry for the September challenge. The theme for that challenge was "Passage of Time" ;)

Original WIP/Challenge thread here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?7022-September-Entry-Lynch-the-Scribe

arsheesh
02-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Oh-my-gosh! That is just simply amazing Coyotemax! I love the skeletons along the border. Did you use a brush for the tress and mountains or did you do those each individually? Anyway I'm thoroughly impressed, stellar workmanship. I'd rep you if I could, but I just did last night so looks like I've been foiled...curses.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

Coyotemax
02-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Thanks!

The mountains and trees were from Wag's brushes, the skulls, cartouche and compass were from clipart pieces I found and modified the heck out of :) Some of the elements (palm trees, desert texture, swamp plants) were created by myself as brushes. The character sketches on the right were hand drawn by myself (using various images from around the net as reference). Somewhere in the WIP thread I have all the fonts listed too..

moutarde
02-01-2010, 02:13 AM
Oh dear. The text under the adventurers in the aged map made me laugh. A lot.

:)

Novaya
02-01-2010, 04:13 AM
that is excellent, as has given me a tonne of ideas. thanks

Coyotemax
02-01-2010, 04:18 AM
I should also have posted a link to the followup map :)
http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?9113-Gromet-and-Friends-vs-Caravan-Raiders

NeonKnight
02-01-2010, 04:54 AM
Love it man, just love it!

Matrim
02-01-2010, 07:02 AM
Hahaha, this is awesome! Great map, and very funny comments. And, same as Novaya, gave me lots of ideas. Thanks

rafaelrzacharias
02-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Haha! =D
I loved the scrappy coments in the aged map.. almoust can hear you telling the stories.
Very nice job Coyotemax, keep it up!

Cheers! ^^

OldGuy
02-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Loved it!!