PDA

View Full Version : Hello from another newbie

Mr Darkness
09-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Hi, just a quick hello to everyone. To keep it short, I like hand drawn maps, rather than computer generated ones (although there seem to be some cracking examples of those on the forums!).
I also run a small website of my own if anyone feels like a look. Hope I can contribute a little here as well!

http://www.fantasyworldmaps.co.uk/

NeonKnight
09-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Welcome. Everybody here like the handdrawn ones, and some of those can be touched up digitally to look even better.

Again, Welcome to the boards!

ravells
09-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Hi Mr Darkness, and welcome to the Guild. I really like the layout of your site and your maps have a really nice feel.

Do give computer colouring a try...some of the best examples of mapping I've seen are ones that start as hand drawn and then completed on the computer.

Ravs

pyrandon
09-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Darkness, welcome! I really enjoyed your site--mostly because as I read I felt like we were long lost friends (albeit separated by the Pond)! Excellent fun looking over your work. I also really, really was impressed by Psyekl's work--if for no other reason than in the patience they must have taken (although that being said I really did enjoy the maps as well!)

Once again welcome & I look forward to seeing your contributions to our collective passion!

MGCJerry
09-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Welcome Mr Darkness... I'm new here myself, but I can still say "hi".

Your maps look great. :) Looking forward to seeing some more of your work.

Robbie
09-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Welcome aboard Mr.! Great to have you! And I too enjoyed your site...nice maps on there.

RobA
09-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Hello!

Nice site! I particularly like your line "I found the maps even more interesting than the plot and found myself constantly turning back to see just where the characters were during their adventures" which is something I find myself continually doing, as well (currently re-reading the Wheel of Time series).

-Rob A>

jaerdaph
09-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Welcome, Mr. Darkness! :)

Mr Darkness
09-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
I'll have to tell psyekl how much everyone likes his work, he must have the patience of a saint!!!
Hope to be able to find time to be a regular.