PDA

View Full Version : Reikland WIP

Tear
02-05-2010, 01:54 AM
This is a WIP map of Reikland for our Warhammer game.

Note that there are deliberate inconsistencies when compared to official maps, since this is a "player's map".
Unfortunately, I'm pretty busy at the moment, so this might not get updated in a while, but this is what I have so far.

PS: A big thanks goes out to Andy Law for his help.

Sharpe
02-05-2010, 01:57 AM
I was litterally saying, "Wow. Wow. WOW," as the map loaded. That's freaking stunning, man!

This is a work in progress?! It looks ready to go in a big-name professional publication to me!

arsheesh
02-05-2010, 02:19 AM
You have a very distinctive style Tear, I could immediately recognize the similarities between this map and your "Westeros-A Fan Project" map, which is among my all time favorite maps to date. Got to hand it to you, this is top-notch work. I'd love to get some tips from you on your mapping style. I know this is still a WIP, but it is no less rep worthy for that.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

altasilvapuer
02-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Love it, Tear! I love the way you do your forests and trees, especially, in these maps.

With this map, I see only two problems:
1. You have created yet another rep-worthy map for which I cannot yet rep you, needing still to 'spread it around' some, first.
2. You have given me a desire to work again on my World Maps and to delve a little closer on one or both of them - for which I have no time right now, because of school!

I think these are good problems, though. All is well.

-asp

torstan
02-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Looking stunning. Nice to see a Warhammer map too. That's a fun world.

At the moment my only crit is that the border doesn't really work for me. You have some bits of terrain bleeding into and through the border - but not the lake at the top. I think a hard border would work better here. Everything else is looking good. I'll be interested to see where you take it next.

Aenigma
02-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Really neat =D Take pride in your work! It's awesome.

Steel General
02-05-2010, 09:06 AM
*begin Mr. Magoo imitation*

Oh Tear, you've done it again!

*end Mr. Magoo imitation*

Djekspek
02-05-2010, 09:29 AM
And again it's a Tear original... man you rock!

Diamond
02-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Dude... you make me sick with envy. Seriously. That is one byootiful map. And it makes me want to dig out my Gotrex & Felix omnibus and re-read it. :D

mearrin69
02-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I have to spread some rep around too...and come back to this. Simply beautiful, Tear.
M

LonewandererD
02-06-2010, 01:12 AM
As unpopular as I'm going to be in saying this, i just pictured Reikland as being a little greener. Other than that, great work and we of the Dark Elves thank you for providing this map, it'll help our plundering >:)

-D-

Jaxilon
02-06-2010, 02:13 AM
Hey man, lay off the map gnomes, you are working them to death..or...I also cannot grant Rep to you at this juncture.

Another great looking map Tear!

I have been a bit tied up in RL so haven't had much time to do anything but this is the kind of stuff that makes me want to sit down and work at it some more. Thanks for throwing another log on the fire of my internal map engine.

Tear
02-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Thank you for all your kind comments. I really appreciate them.

You have some bits of terrain bleeding into and through the border - but not the lake at the top.
I plan on making that bay area bleed into the border too. If it doesn't work out, It will be easy to cut everything off with a sharp border all around.

I just pictured Reikland as being a little greener.
Me too. It will be greener in some places when it's done.

Thanks for throwing another log on the fire of my internal map engine.
You guys do that to me all the time, so I try to return the favor. ;)

I added some more villages, but that's not enough to justify an update, I guess. I hope I find the time to work on this some more soon. The game is tons of fun so far.

Will
02-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Wow. Really amazing stuff, Tear. Thanks for giving me something to aspire towards! :) And I'll echo: it's good to see a Warhammer map... we need more of 'em. Have some rep, sir.

Matrim
02-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Very rep-deserving! *pops his eyes back in his head

Ilvarin
07-05-2010, 11:47 AM
This map is truly stunning. Any chance on a tutorial? I GM the Old World and would love to do these for my games. Thanks so much for sharing.

tilt
07-05-2010, 05:04 PM
thats a beautiful map... I get all reminiscent about warhammer now... and my friend just bought the new system... gotta check that out some day :)