PDA

View Full Version : Commission: Fun map

Sapiento
02-10-2010, 07:47 AM
This was a commission for a friend and the idea the result of too much glasses of wine. :D
The map describes a more or less real locationl, the Bergiselschanze, a ski jumping hill located in Bergisel in Innsbruck, Austria. It is the building in the background.
The purpose of the map was not to create a realistic looking ski jumping hill but the weird features in the foreground: the caves, the bears, the blackberry bush and the not-existing restaurant at the top of the hill.

Done mostly freehand in PS.

Meridius
02-10-2010, 08:08 AM
If this happens when you have too many glasses of wine, I think you should drink more ;) Could you tell a bit more about those caves? This illustration puts the mind into curiosity mode ;)

Sapiento
02-10-2010, 08:23 AM
If this happens when you have too many glasses of wine, I think you should drink more ;) Could you tell a bit more about those caves? This illustration puts the mind into curiosity mode ;)

It wasn't me who had too much wine, but the friend which asked me to do the map.
The caves to the right are where my friend and a friend of her lives - at least on the map. The caves under the restaurant are the living rooms of the restaurant's manager and his sidekick.

Steel General
02-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Neat little map/illustration.