PDA

View Full Version : Detail from My Campaign World: South West Trentish Coast.

Aval Penworth
02-11-2010, 09:47 AM
A small section of my world map that I did in CC3 then tweaked in photoshop.

Who would guess that in this idyllic corner of the world, shape-shifting and mind-reading "Danphirs" secretly control the governor and guildmasters? Will our heros discover their diabolical plot before it is too late?!!!

Rythal
02-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Looks like very decent map from a software I 'm not too fond of. The pink letters and the mountains around Mt Tanner are both things that could be improved, with the mountains being too uniform in that spot. aside from that, it is amazingly non uniform, something I don't usually associate with CC3.

Keep it up!

Gandwarf
02-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Yeah, I like this map. It breaks the uniformity I have come to expect from CC3, as Rythal already commented. My only complaint would be that you have placed some trees obviously on top of each other :D I did that a lot as well, until I just started hand placing each and every tree, so they fit nicely.

NeonKnight
02-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Nice map, you can fix the tree issue rather quickly.

Under SYMBOLS -> SORT SYMBOLS IN MAP and then select the entire forest where the problem trees are. This will 'rearrange' the symbols in the selected area to place those at the top in the back, and those lower in the map section on top of them.

Aval Penworth
02-11-2010, 10:53 PM
;)
Yeah, I like this map. It breaks the uniformity I have come to expect from CC3, as Rythal already commented. My only complaint would be that you have placed some trees obviously on top of each other :D I did that a lot as well, until I just started hand placing each and every tree, so they fit nicely.

Can you tell from the full screen view that they are on top of eachother, or only in the zoom. I kind of thought I was getting away with it on a A4 print out.;)

Aval Penworth
02-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Nice map, you can fix the tree issue rather quickly.

Under SYMBOLS -> SORT SYMBOLS IN MAP and then select the entire forest where the problem trees are. This will 'rearrange' the symbols in the selected area to place those at the top in the back, and those lower in the map section on top of them.

Thanks Neon. Sounds like an easy fix.

Aval Penworth
02-12-2010, 12:18 AM
I have tried to address the issues mentioned. The symbol sort helped but I think to do it properly I might have to go in and move individual symbols that are out of whack.