PDA

View Full Version : Miner Camp

LutwikWienholdt
02-14-2010, 06:07 PM
A few hours ago i introduced me to the guild. I attached the first map i made. It show a old miner camp some sky raiders are using as a hide-out. Due to the feedback i got, i will post the map here. it seems the map is missing some signage & a scale. i'll upload a first attempt. I also wanted to add an airship, placed on the upper plain. Maybe someone has a hint the airship relating.

Here some pics of the WIP.

thanks.

Lutwik

Steel General
02-15-2010, 07:06 AM
Looking good so far, reminds me a bit of something out of a WOTC module.

Blaidd Drwg
02-15-2010, 02:02 PM
That looks very nice :)
Which is the upper plain? The one at the top of the drawing?

LutwikWienholdt
02-20-2010, 10:57 AM
Yes, the one at the top. I've some difficulties with drawing a ship. Furthermore I'm working on a regional Map at the moment. So, I think, the ship has to wait one or two weeks.
The title has to be changed to "Miners Camp" and I want to place furniture & boxes to the cavern.

Edit:

I changed the things, i mentioned above (title, adding boxes). I'll put this work to "finished maps (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?9390-Miners-Camp&p=102834)". Maybe I'll add the ship someday.

@Steel General: I love the WOTC maps. Does the map bear strong resemblance to the WOTC modules? :oops: I used some of the free maps for Roleplaying before I started drawing myself.

Korash
02-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Don't be embarrassed about copying a style you like. Think of it as being complemented on capturing that style.

This is nicely done. Be proud.

Repped (if I can)