PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day Project

Coyotemax
02-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Well, naturally I didn't think of keeping the Te Amo map as a surprise until now, it would have been **perfect**.

So I had to improvise, I've already outdone myself so many times I decided not to try doing that this year.

So i worked up something a bit simpler, but I have a feeling it's going to go over well nonetheless.

And then I figured I may as well share it for those who need ideas of their own - it might be a little late for this year but someone might find it useful for next year :P

(and i can make the psd file available for those who want to customize it for their own situations, hah)

Sapiento
02-15-2010, 01:32 AM
That's really nice!

Daelin
02-15-2010, 05:37 AM
While it's a sweet gesture, to be sure, I think my girlfriend would be a bit annoyed if I gave these coupons to her.
She would say something to the effect of:

"So I need a coupon for you to actually pay attention to me. Thanks a lot, honey!" and "Of course I am right and you are wrong, I don't need a coupon to prove that!" and "Why do I only get ONE 'smile, nod and just do it' coupon for a whole year!?"

And dude, do you realize how long an hour of back-rubbing is? My hands would go numb...

Coyotemax
02-15-2010, 08:42 AM
hhaha

yeah, I know how it *could* come across, and I'd be inclined to do these things without a coupon anyhow.

The part that went over well is that I thought of her, and remembered her, was obviously thinking about her. that's what made her happiest. *proof* that she's in my thoughts when she's not around :)

And these are products of conversations we've had in the past that went along the lines of "come pay attention to me" "Ok, I'll be there in a bit, I'm just working on this map" and then forgetting to follow up on that :P
Oh, and I'm backrub king, an hour is nothing...

Ascension
02-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Ow my eyes, my eyes! I saw "chick-flick" as a coupon and now I'm blind. Fun stuff, bro. Hopefully I can use them some day.

Coyotemax
02-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Could have been worse, I could have just gone with what I know is going to end up happening when the next twilight movie comes out.. "good for 1 Vampire Chick Flick"

Juggernaut1981
02-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Coyote> Those things you just suck up, gouge your eyes out and then whinge about special effects.

Gandwarf
02-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Haha, very nice Coyotemax. I think it's great that you do these kind of things for your wife.
I do agree this could actually backfire when given to some women, but I am guessing you know your wife quite well ;)

So is she going to use these coupons, you think?

And an hour of backrubbing? Yikes... my wife's back would be red by then, but maybe I am not too good at backrubbing ;)

arsheesh
02-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Very nice Coyetemax. I've given my wife a couple of coupons like these for Valentines day before, but NOT 8 of them all at once! Man, you're quite a bit more adventurous than I am. Seriously though, kudos for romantic brilliance.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

Coyotemax
02-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Yeah, i wouldn't have done this if I didn't know it would go over well :P
We had a running joke years back about a coupon I made (before we got married) that was good for 1 Hug. I forgot to put an expiration date, or that it wasn't a one use thing, and she kept reusing it :P

Yeah, she'll probably cash them in. On the other hand they're all things I would do anyhow, this gives us more things to laugh about together :)