PDA

View Full Version : February Challenge: Bells Of Agony

Datagoblin
02-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Here is my entry for the one page dungeon, done in Adobe Photoshop & Adobe InDesign CS. All graphix done in Photoshop however I used some furniture items from the Campaign Cartographer packs.

I hope I got the sizing right...

Thanks for looking!

Datagoblin

### Latest WIP ###

Davros01
02-19-2010, 09:16 PM
looks really good.. I like those pigs!!

Ascension
02-19-2010, 11:24 PM
I put the latest wip tag in for ya.

rdanhenry
02-20-2010, 02:16 AM
It's a style I'm not fond of, but it is well-executed. I like the idea, easily adapted to a variety of systems and game styles.
Corrections: "Its up to" should be "It's up to", "parties actions" should be "party's actions", "plant didnt help)" should be "plant didn't help.)", "discarded it)" should be "discarded it.)", "pairs ill-gotten" should be "pair's ill-gotten"

Datagoblin
02-20-2010, 08:47 AM
For better or worse, I am leaving the spelling 'as-is' due to constraints within the dimensions and adding all punctuation will make some things not fit.

Datagoblin
02-20-2010, 08:54 AM
@Ascension: Appreciate that, just for future reference do you put that in all the time, even if something is completed?

Steel General
02-20-2010, 08:58 AM
@Ascension: Appreciate that, just for future reference do you put that in all the time, even if something is completed?

Yes, it's done so that the "thumbnail scraper" will pick up the latest uploaded version of the entry. If you leave it out, your entry won't be seen along with the other thumbnails.

Datagoblin
02-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Ok I didnt know that...Thanks again for the help guys!!

Ascension
02-20-2010, 01:30 PM
It's a good habit to get into because not everyone sees their project all the way through to the end and sort of run out of steam about halfway.

Gamerprinter
02-20-2010, 03:51 PM
For better or worse, I am leaving the spelling 'as-is' due to constraints within the dimensions and adding all punctuation will make some things not fit.

That's one of the other reasons I prefer using Xara to do page layout. I can adjust the kerning between letters in words - I've been known to add in a five letter word that would normally wrap to the next sentence, and fit it into the line above - where I want it to be. I can adjust the kerning in one sentence alone and not the whole document - if I want.

Gives me lots of flexibility!

Nice map, interesting style!

GP

PS: have some REP, since I haven't seen many of your maps.

Datagoblin
02-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Thank you for the rep kind sir! Always appreciated :)

This module is 'loosely' based off of the book Hunchback of Notre Dame by Hugo, or 'Hunchback' if you prefer.

Immolate
02-27-2010, 01:19 PM
A very polished and attractive entry DG. The only thing I miss on this one is a chance to see it grow as you created it. That's important to me, and perhaps to others, because it helps us to see how your start, and how you progress, which helps me to see things (and sometimes do things) from a different perspective.