PDA

View Full Version : The region around castle happydeath

Nevynxxx
02-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Anyone who frequents the Paizo forums, or follows their RPG SuperStar Competition, will probably have seen the blog post (http://seankreynolds.livejournal.com/162170.html) from SKR about good/bad map submissions. These maps aren't meant to be pretty, just functional, and useful to be passed to a prof cartographer to be made into something pretty to publish. well, I was bored last night, so I took the "A-" submission, and attempted to pretty it up.

This took me about 5 hours in total, and it's my first GIMP overland map.

Let me know what you think...

torstan
02-20-2010, 11:53 AM
I like it. Lovely colour choice for the grass.

I'd have gone for a less vivid blue, but it does stand out.

On a separate note - the map turnover had no mountains or hills on it. It also didn't show roads. Now roads and hills you can probably get away with just adding in, but a mountain range is going to be a major addition that changes things. Probably best not to throw in a mountain range for artistic merit!

Nevynxxx
02-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks Torstan.

If this was an actual turnover for an actual *thing*, I'm sure you'd be right. I started out thinking "well there must be roads to link these places" and then had a big gap where the roads weren't straight, and though "why?", so I stuck some terrain in there.... Possibly more higher hills than mountains. ;)