PDA

View Full Version : Tutorials I'd like to see.

ravells
10-03-2007, 03:14 PM
If you'd like to see a tutorial on any subject in particular (relating to mapping preferably) then post it here. No guarantees that someone will write a tutorial about it the next day, but you never know your luck in the big city!

Ravs

Airith
10-04-2007, 02:20 AM
More styles of mountains and rivers, I'd like to see how everyone does theirs. In GIMP/autorealm/inkscape please? :)

Joshua_101
10-17-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm wondering if anybody has any good tips for making rubble in Photoshop quick & easy. I'm mapping out an underground tomb complex (original eh?) and I want some of the rooms to be collapsed in places...

The rubble I've made so far was done with large jittery brush and then applied with bevel & emboss and shadow layer styles. It just doesn't look convincing though and I'm not sure how to proceed.

RobA
10-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Is this for a realistic map or a diagrammatic map? (assuming the first, since you mentioned layer styles, and such)

Here's the simplest way-

Head over to the DJ forums and search for "rubble" (http://dundjinni.com/forums/search.asp?KW=rubble&SM=1&SI=PT&FM=8&OB=1)

You should find something nice there that can be used as is, or is a good starting point for editing 8)

-Rob A>

Robbie
10-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Check out schley's maps...he does a fantastic job of rubble integration, and you may be able to get some ideas on how to apply them to your map through those.

ravells
10-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Just moving this thread to the tutorials requested sticky.