PDA

View Full Version : Reputation Question

Viriatha
03-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Apparently, I'm getting rep and it's coming with comments. But I could only see 2 of them although it says I have more. How can I find these so I can read the comments?

Gamerprinter
03-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Click on Settings on the top menu of any page. This will show you your total REP and comments. The green blocks under your name gives you just your amount in REP. By clicking on the star at the bottom of someone's name block grants REP. Your REP is based on Time as a member, number of total posts and amount of REP you have.

GP

Viriatha
03-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Is it possible to get multiple points from one person? I only see 2, which don't seem to account for the point total but may.

torstan
03-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Yes, if you are repped by someone who has a lot of rep then they will give you a lot of rep. Someone with only a little rep will give you a small amount. Every rep should show up there, so I'd guess that you've been repped twice by people with a decent chunk of rep of their own (other factors come into play too in that, but the more rep someone has, the more they dish out).

Gamerprinter
03-08-2010, 02:52 PM
See the long row of green blocks under my name - I've been a member for over three years, I have over 2300 posts, and while not the highest, I have a pretty high REP score of 672 so when I grant REP mine is for 11 points (for example.) If a newbie grants you REP, you get nothing. If a reputable member gives you REP you get more, varies though.

GP

Viriatha
03-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Ok, thanks! I get it now :)

tilt
03-08-2010, 05:42 PM
I'd like to add to that question - as I don't have any rep yet - if I rep someone - will that take effect if I ever get over 10 rep myself - or is it a wasted effort? :)

torstan
03-08-2010, 05:55 PM
They get grey rep - so they see your comment but it doesn't bump their score. That certainly is not to say that it's not worth repping someone until you get 10 rep. It's always nice to see the comments that people provide.

Gamerprinter
03-08-2010, 05:57 PM
REP granting isn't backwards accountable - so since you have no REP, you grant no REP, but everyone appreciates your or anyone's recognition of good work - so its not wasted, but doesn't give any points. You need REP to grant REP for any points at all.

Edit: that's twice now on this thread that Torstan ninja'd me for the same answer!!!!

GP

Redrobes
03-08-2010, 06:33 PM
I thought that everyone started by being able to give one point ?

Tilt or Veriatha, Find something you like, check their rep, then rep them and check again and see if your giving any.

Gamerprinter
03-08-2010, 06:38 PM
No, RR, you need a minimum of 10 or 20 (?) points of REP to give REP. I get plenty of 0 REP from newbies all the time. Until you have a green block under your name (at least) you can't give REP points.

GP

Viriatha
03-08-2010, 07:09 PM
If Redrobes got rep, then it's 10. If he didn't, it's 20 :)

Redrobes
03-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks very much ! But when I list it all in settings I can see your comment but it doesn't itemize it so I don't know if it added any or not. I *think* it didn't !
Also interesting is that by the comment is a blue pip but on here I see you as a green pip !?! Confused about that too...

mearrin69
03-08-2010, 07:40 PM
When I see someone in my list with a blue pip it's grey rep...never seen the needle move from those. Maybe he gave it before reaching 10 but then hit it afterwards?
M

Redrobes
03-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Well, checked again in case its my eyes or my monitor but its definitely blue !

Consult the book of armaments chapter 2 vs 9 through 21...

RobA
03-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Well, checked again in case its my eyes or my monitor but its definitely blue !

Consult the book of armaments chapter 2 vs 9 through 21...

I pulled the image down and checked. It looks the same desaturated, so it is definitely grey. What temperature is your monitor?

-Rob A>

Coyotemax
03-08-2010, 11:37 PM
for what it's worth, it's definitely blue on this end of things. I even ran it through photoshop to be sure it wasn't my eyes playing tricks on me - optical colourshifting from the brown might have accounted for perceiving at as blue.. but according the the colour values, it's definitely blue.

Of course, really, it's just semantics right? Whether it's blue or grey doesn't change things to my eye :P

tilt
03-09-2010, 02:09 AM
thanks, well, I'll keep repping then - just to add the comment ... only stopped as I read the rules for repping, and thus thought that no-one saw it anyway :)

Coyotemax
03-09-2010, 02:45 AM
Ahh! The Rep dot under the username shows grey, but the rep dot in the Settings page is blue.

Booyah! Mystery solved :)