PDA

View Full Version : Reply font is too dark...

Gamerprinter
03-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Last week and earlier when I replied to posts, I could read the text as I was typing it. As of this week, I can nolonger do that. When I type - I see the cursor move, but can barely read the text. I find myself dragging the mouse over the typed text to see it in reverse just to find typing errors. I usually end up editing every post 2 or 3 times correctlng errors.

The monitor on my PC at work is dark - so that adds to the problem, but I'd like to see you try a lighter colored font to reply to posts. This is driving me nuts. My entire thread in the challenge this month, I had this problem the whole time.

GP

RobA
03-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Hi-

I made a small CSS change to fix the reply colour. It is now the same as the normal post text.

I hope it didn't make something else unreadable.

Also, I moved this post to the upgrade subforum. Post any more issues here, OK? We'll deal with them as we can.

-Rob A>

Gamerprinter
03-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Thanks RobA!

GP

waldronate
03-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Is it just me or is the quick reply text smaller than the regular post text?

RobA
03-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Is it just me or is the quick reply text smaller than the regular post text?

It is smaller. I left the font size at the default. Too small?

-Rob A>

waldronate
03-10-2010, 09:16 AM
My vision has never been particularly good and now that I'm getting older smaller things are harder to see. It seems that web designers are generally around 20, meaning that an 8 point font is great for them. Us more elderly folk prefer a somewhat larger font.

Having the reply font the same size as the regular font would make it easier to read for me.

RobA
03-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Funny - Looks like it is set at 13, same as the message body. The difference is the font. I'll see where that can be changed...

...How is that?

-Rob A>

waldronate
03-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Much nicer, thank you!