PDA

View Full Version : CC3 wall help

Fuse
03-09-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm just trying out CC3 for the first time and it's definitely not what I am used to, but I am getting the hang of it.
I am having trouble with walls though.
First problem is how do I cut out an opening in a wall that's already there.. after I use the cut wall tool (where the cutting door objects are) and hit the redraw button, nothing happens. Same for the doors, except I can see a door there.. in the middle of the wall and it did not cut an opening.
Second problem is, maybe I went about it backwards, but I drew a cave floor and now I have no idea how to easily put a wall around all those jagged edges...

Help would be appreciated :D

NeonKnight
03-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Ah, ok, you mean in the Dungeon tools, the CUT WALL feature.

I need to first ask. Is the wall you are cutting a Singe Line with a thickness applied or is it a MutliPoly. The cut feature only works on a single line (regardless of thickness).

Your second problem is simple actually, copy the floor to the wall layer & sheet. Then hide all Layers/Sheets but the Wall. Select the now copied floor poly, and change thickness of the line and color and fill and Viola! A wall in the same shape.

For added goodness, you could instead of changing the line thickness, draw a box around the whole, and then multi poly the two together to make the wall a solid object with a 'hole' in the centre.

Fuse
03-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Thank you I'm going to try out what you said right now.
I actually got the cut feature to work.. I don't know how, but it finally worked.. maybe it was right clicking afterwards.

Fuse
03-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Haha This is silly but I am trying to do what you are suggesting and I am not sure how to copy the floor to the wall layer.. :D

NeonKnight
03-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Right click on the COPY button, and select COPY TO SHEET, Select your Floor click DO IT and the from the SHEET menu, slect the sheet you want it to go to, in this case WALLS

Fuse
03-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Thank you!

I have another slight problem - When I first started the map I wasn't sure on size, but now it seems like it is way too big.
My map is like a tiny little island in the middle of the brown background. Is there a way to crop the edges or anything?

Edit: The only way I could get a decent resolution screen was by saving as a rectangular section..
Is that common with this software? Is there no way to get the entire image?

NeonKnight
03-10-2010, 01:58 AM
Well, you could use the NODE EDIT button, to pull the corners of the brown background down to size, or simply erase and redraw it.

Fuse
03-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks for all your help Neon.

I tried the node edit, but it is very finicky. Practice I suppose.

NeonKnight
03-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks for all your help Neon.

I tried the node edit, but it is very finicky. Practice I suppose.

It's less finicky with your SNAP on ;)