PDA

View Full Version : The Savage Lands

Diamond
03-09-2010, 05:12 PM
After reading Warren Ellis and Juan Jose Ryp's awesome 'Wolfskin', I was inspired to try a map of a prehistoric, Conan-esque world. Here's the first stage; I may take out some of those mountains since I think it looks too cluttered right now, but I'll see how it develops. That long central space surrounded by mountains to the north and south is supposed to be a huge valley - the proto-Mediterranean.

Diamond
03-09-2010, 06:15 PM
I wasn't happy with the land shape or the mountains, so here's version two. And just to give you an idea of size, etc, also the same map with present-day Europe overlaid on it.

tilt
03-10-2010, 05:44 AM
looking good, nice shape to the continent... and good to see the scale on map two.. looking forward to see your progress :)

Steel General
03-10-2010, 06:40 AM
Good start, looking forward to watching it develop.

Diamond
03-11-2010, 01:15 AM
I think I'm going to redo the mountains; I wanted a much more subtle and yet detailed effect to them (if that makes any sense :D). I wanted the ridges, etc. to be really crisp, but I wanted them to be translucent enough not to interfere with the text too much. I shall have to do some experimenting...