PDA

View Full Version : Ink, Watercolour, and Parchment

Hai-Etlik
03-10-2010, 11:11 PM
A little something I'm working on in Inkscape.

The Watercolour effect is the one that comes with Inkscape with a Multiply step added on the end. The Parchment and Ink effects are my own creations. The mountain symbols are just place holders that I will replace with more detailed ones later.

It wasn't until I was well along in making the coastline that I realized how much it resembled Britannia from Ultima, which I had previously made a map of.

Diamond
03-11-2010, 01:09 AM
I actually like those mountain icons quite a bit. Simple and effective.

Hai-Etlik
03-11-2010, 02:24 AM
I actually like those mountain icons quite a bit. Simple and effective.

Well I at least plan to vary the line width a bit in the final product. But I am starting to think this map may do best with fairly simple symbols.

Here it is again with a bit more work done.

farvardin
03-15-2010, 05:30 PM
I like the drawing pretty much, it's precise and well drawn, but I like the color less, it looks a bit like some color pencils and it could be more detailled...

Hai-Etlik
03-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Yes I'm not entirely happy with the colour yet. The detail is coming, this is just a WIP and actually the "precise" look is something I plan to eliminate at a later point. I want it to look a a bit rough and hand drawn when I'm done. Unfortunately it's going to have to wait for more free time.