PDA

View Full Version : Maldhane Map

Bavix
03-19-2010, 05:57 AM
Hello fellow cartographers,

I'm working on a core world map for my D&D campaign and I would really like some opinions on the mountains (and anything else that jumps out at you of course). For some reason I just can't seem to get the mountains just right and it's driving me crazy. For those of you that notice, yes, I'm basically using the US as a very rough template.

cfds
03-19-2010, 06:42 AM
You have quite some river violations on your map. Read the sticky in the tutorials section for more information.

Steel General
03-19-2010, 12:46 PM
The map overall is quite nice, as cfds mentioned you do have a number of 'river violations', but these can be easily fixed.

I like the mountains though I think they could be a bit more 'spiny'.

Diamond
03-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Apart from the weird river branchings, the only thing that's bugging me is the whirlpool/maelstrom/etc in the south; it seems to soft-edged and blurred to go with the rest of the map.

Other than that, I love it. Very nice!

tilt
03-19-2010, 01:30 PM
agree with the above and would like to add that a slight border to the land would be nice, the lack of them up against the size of the maelstrom makes it look like the continent is floating above the sea :) ... otherwise.. very nice :) .. have some rep :)

rdanhenry
03-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Maelstrom? I thought it was a hurricane coming to finish of that world's New Orleans analogue.

Diamond
03-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Maelstrom? I thought it was a hurricane coming to finish of that world's New Orleans analogue.
Heh heh. :D