PDA

View Full Version : A Hob-Goblin Stockade

Aval Penworth
03-21-2010, 08:54 AM
The stronghold of a struggling hob-goblin war chief. The walls are made of rock and clay, topped with bleached timber catwalks. The warchief dwells in the north-western compound. The lieutenatnts inhabit compound in the north-east.

Resourses are scarce in the region and regular raids on the humans in lowlands are a necessity.

tilt
03-22-2010, 11:21 AM
looking good - wondering about why the places aren't connected - in combat it would be nice to be able to go from one place to the other, and especially the chief would want to direct all his troops. If you want to keep them apart, maybe some deeper fissures could explain it :)

Aval Penworth
03-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Ak-Ban-Tor is paranoid and greedy. He keeps a separate compound as he doesn't want anyone else to be hanging around his hut, touching his treasure or looking sideways at his concubines. The size of his private quarters also gives him status.

loongtim
03-23-2010, 01:39 AM
The size of his private quarters also gives him status. - I'm pretty sure there's a joke in there somewhere. Maybe it has something to do with the aforementioned concubines...

Anyways, nice map. I think the separation of compounds makes it interesting. A weak war-chief or other political situations could provide the "deeper fissures" keeping them apart and make for a more intriguing story.

tilt
03-23-2010, 04:31 AM
*lol* ... yep... huge private quarters gives good status in those circles ;)

Aval Penworth
03-25-2010, 12:07 AM
I decided he needed better access to his private compound, so I added a bridge.