PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a de-lurking member :)

Elderbree TM
03-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Hi there, just saying hi after a long time of lurking then forgetting about this site and some more lurking after rediscovering it :).

Things I can contribute with if anyone needs help:
- Anything to do with the use of Hebrew :)

Things I might need help in (when the time comes I'll be sure to ask ... and ask, ... and ask :P):
- Anything that has to do with making maps on a Linux machine (use to have CC3 but since my move to Linux I gave it to a friend so now I only have GIMP and (as of yesterday) Inkscape)
- Will soon offer some commissions for some maps I need done and can't wait till I know how ;)

hmmm... that is it for now I guess...

P.S.
I'm an avid HERO gamer (Hi RPMiller) and a chef (though I've been working in a different field for the past year or so).

NeonKnight
03-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

Redrobes
03-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Welcome, the Hebrew might come in useful for the right map. I can think of a few where it would have been an advantage.

Elderbree TM
03-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Well, if the need arise again be sure to PM me or what not :)

(once I get 5 post in at least :P)

muddle
03-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Welcome, to the guild! You mentioned that you are a chef.... do you specialize in any particular cuisine? ( or do you have a favorite style of cooking? )

Elderbree TM
03-30-2010, 09:22 PM
No, no favorite, though I'm strongly influenced by Middle- Eastern, Russian and Mediterranean flavors (as well as some Jewish adaptation of Moroccan, Tunisian, Egyptian, and Yemenite cuisines) and ingredients due to me living in Israel for 22 years or so... and Japanese flavors and aesthetics appeal to me greatly. So in my cooking I try to incorporate it's concepts into my own "Fusioanic" style :) , are you a professional? or just interested in cooking?

tilt
03-31-2010, 04:11 PM
welcome - looking forward to seeing your maps - and who knows when hebrew might come in handy :)

Steel General
03-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Welcome Aboard!

mearrin69
03-31-2010, 05:53 PM
With the addition of Hebrew we just might have a full complement of major world languages around here. :) Welcome to the Guild.
M

muddle
04-01-2010, 04:59 PM
I have never had any particular success at cooking. I have family member's who are very good at it, but I never seemed to inherit that talent. I am interested in how other interests outside of map-making effect the maps we make. That's what lead me to ask the question about your cooking preferences. Thanks for sharing.

p.s. -- I would love to see a map with all the towns and villages named after different unusual foods, and dishes... just a crazy thought but it could be a very interesting idea = )

Elderbree TM
04-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Well, usually I pay close attention to how places and food interact , and such , though it usually not completely apparent in my maps only in their description so you might say it is related to my interest in food :P

Elderbree TM
04-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Well here is the Map I'm going to learn how to make
http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?9848-Elderbree-%28TM%29-rigional-map....-WiP-%28learning%29&p=106884#post106884