PDA

View Full Version : Two ships for Serenity

Pablo Diablo
10-10-2007, 01:58 AM
So the other Serenity / Firefly post on this forum made me think of a ship map that I made a while back. I do a lot of drafting for my work (though only a very very very very very tiny amount of it is architectural or vehicular) so I used my Cad program and whipped up some ship plans.

This is the "Beatrice" (or "Betty") class ship from Aliens that we adapted for use in the Firefly universe....

Feel free to use it in your campaign, or what have you...

PD
PS Another ship from same campaign to follow

Pablo Diablo
10-10-2007, 02:03 AM
So, here's the second ship... Two versions-
(maybe an old style and the new model?)

The "Lamprey" is a cramped single-crew member ship. The idea is that the bottom of the lamprey contains an opening sized to fit standard ships access hatches... The pilot (many of them teenagers) tend to be fond of five-fingered discounts, and hack their way into ships to hitch a ride across the system, stealing food and the occasional valuable from unwary crew who think they are all alone in the vacuum of space...

PD

ravells
10-10-2007, 03:01 AM
These are superb! Your drafting skills clearly show though. I love the side elevation cut aways, the hatching and the diamond pattern non-slip flooring!

Faide
10-10-2007, 04:34 AM
Those are fantastic!
Thanks for sharing. I'll use those in my next Traveller game.

RobA
10-10-2007, 11:58 AM
It is quite surprising how the Betty class seems to be design consistent with the Firefly...

-Rob A>

RPMiller
10-10-2007, 12:05 PM
This is a great thread! Awesome stuff! Have some rep.

I think I prefer the first model of the Lamprey over the second.

pyrandon
10-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Holy Happenstance! What a great set of drawings & a neat concept. Make s me WISH I played a sci fi game! Nice posts!

Beowulf
10-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Very cool, and I love Serenity/Firefly, btw. I wish they'd bring it back! I've never played the game, didn't realize there was one.