PDA

View Full Version : The Western Barony of Lundgrom

Sapiento
04-01-2010, 12:21 PM
I was bored today and had only pencil and paper at hand. The result was later scanned, paper and labels added in PS.

rwaluchow
04-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Wow, I love it. Have rep.

Sapiento
04-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks. It came out not too bad for a 30 minutes drawing.

rwaluchow
04-01-2010, 01:33 PM
It certainly came out well. I'm a lover of hand-drawn maps; there is a quality to them that just can't be achieved by other methods. I particularly like the mountains, hills, and the worn texture of the paper.

tilt
04-02-2010, 03:57 AM
Really cool, and only 30 minutes.. nice... repped :)

Coyotemax
04-02-2010, 05:47 AM
That actually gives me an idea, you know how there's all those speedpainting things, and a lot of them are done in half an hour or so..

we should have a speedmapping session sometime :)

nice work :P

[dangit, gotta spread more rep..]

Gamerprinter
04-02-2010, 06:08 AM
That actually gives me an idea, you know how there's all those speedpainting things, and a lot of them are done in half an hour or so..

Unless memory fails me the December 2007 Mapping Challenge was something like a speed challenge. Entrants (on honor system) was given 4 hours to create their entire maps. Publius won that challenge, but I came in a close second place.

Here's a link to my challenge thread from ancient times...
http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?1277-December-Entry-Witch-s-Rock&highlight=Witch%27s+Rock

So four hours instead of 30 minutes, but we did something like this in the past.

GP

Sapiento
04-02-2010, 06:29 AM

nice work :P

[dangit, gotta spread more rep..]

We two in a speed painting session - this would be fun!!! :D

Ascension
04-02-2010, 04:51 PM
I've wanted to run another speed mapping challenge for ages.

Gamerprinter
04-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Well enough time has gone by since that challenge, and none of the newbies are even aware - so maybe its time for a speed challenge, unless you got a better challenge idea for April???

GP