PDA

View Full Version : Tribute

Djekspek
04-03-2010, 05:55 AM
Thing popped up in my head and I'll drop it here before I forget ;) I think it would be fun to do a challenge to make a map as a tribute to ones favorite book/movie/... maybe it's already been done as a challenge but I didnt find it in the archives... cheers

Ascension
04-03-2010, 07:54 AM
I've got a bunch of ideas for this and in completely different genres and styles.

Coyotemax
04-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Interesting you mention this, I just finished reading a book series, and went looking to see if I could find any fan-based maps here or anywhere else on the web - nothing!

So i'm pondering creating one (The author has a nice one already done, maybe that's why?) in a different style just for fun and practice..

And now this suggestion :P

Gamerprinter
04-03-2010, 11:37 AM
I wonder of doing a Louis Carrol's Alice in Wonderland would be a unique map to create, but it would mean reading it again, and I haven't read Alice in Wonderland since I was a kid - it would probably make for an interesting map, though.

GP

tilt
04-04-2010, 02:39 AM
I think that is a cool idea... only problem what to choose, there are so many ideas that pop into my head... :)

Steel General
04-04-2010, 12:10 PM
I like this idea quite a bit, and since my mapping muse has largely gone the way of the dodo these past couple of months, maybe this will help 'resurrect it'